Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 01:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,342 times

Advertisements

hey guys,

how's it going?
anyways, I'm going to graduate from high school in a year and i plan on moving to either Canada or the US (i mean, i WILL move.. not sure where, though..)
i'd much rather move to the states, to be honest.. i really like the country. i even told my sister to eff off when she said "ha ha, I'm "sorry" that your (American) team is losing to Russia" how immature of me, but yeah.. (i was talking about hockey, by the way)
so yeah.. what do you guys think the future holds for the US? the situation doesn't look that good to me. will Obama screw up the country even more? it seems like he isn't keeping his promises.

thanks

Old 05-08-2009, 02:18 AM

455 posts, read 1,017,929 times
Depends on what you are looking for. I personally have never felt more excited for the future of America than I do right now.

It really depends on your ideals.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:31 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,495,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
Depends on what you are looking for. I personally have never felt more excited for the future of America than I do right now.

It really depends on your ideals.
Socially I feel that way, not economically still very skeptical of the markets. The people I bump into down here though think Obama is the reincarnation of Stalin though. I am not sure if the radio and tv stations here transmit anything other than Rush Limbaugh, Bill Oreilly and Sean Hannity

Old 05-08-2009, 06:34 AM

139 posts, read 470,336 times
Like stated above, it all depends on who you ask and their ideals/beliefs. Like almost any country there are areas that are incredibly open to (legal) immigrants and areas that are not (legal or not legal) a lot of that depends on if you plan on relocating to an urban area or rural area.

As for Canada, I lived in Ottawa (the national capital) for 3 years and I loved it. It's not a big city, nor is it small. Also urban Canada has always been home to more immigrants than most U.S. cities (the percentage is higher in many Canadian cities anyway)

As for Obama, I don't really hold him in very high regard but as with ANY politician left wing or right wing it's really the same recycled sh*t in different piles.

Anyway, wherever you end up I wish you well!!

Old 05-08-2009, 08:18 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,870,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarrmatey View Post
hey guys,

what do you guys think the future holds for the US? the situation doesn't look that good to me. will Obama screw up the country even more? it seems like he isn't keeping his promises.

thanks
A discussion for the politics room perhaps, but not for this one.

//www.city-data.com/forum/gener...eneral-us.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.