Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 10:31 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,669,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
lmao, if NYC isn't segregated and a place like Houston, Tampa, or San Diego is, good luck. It doesn't get any more segregated than NYC (maybe Detroit and possibly Chicago) and it doesn't get any less than most of the south. You said not to sugarcoat...
You're right. The most integrated places are in this country are in the South. Houston might actually win for the most integrated city in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 12:07 PM

203 posts, read 512,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
lmao, if NYC isn't segregated and a place like Houston, Tampa, or San Diego is, good luck. It doesn't get any more segregated than NYC (maybe Detroit and possibly Chicago) and it doesn't get any less than most of the south. You said not to sugarcoat...

No. Queens is generally one of the most diverse and intergrated regions of the United States.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:11 PM

93,255 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzymentality View Post
No. Queens is generally one of the most diverse and intergrated regions of the United States.
You can't get diverse and integrated confused though. They aren't necessarily one and the same. With that said, there are some integrated neighborhoods in Queens.

What about Sacramento or Long Beach?

Old 05-12-2009, 05:10 PM

424 posts, read 1,675,844 times
Quote:
I noticed that a lot of the warmer regions of the United States are somewhat diverse in human population but technically still segregated. Some of these examples would be Florida, California, Deep South....

I want to live in a warmer area that doesn't have brutal winters. I'm located in the midwest right now. What can you suggest? Don't sugar coat anything, I need FACTS.

I want to look out the window on a typically warm day and have the heated breeze caress my face. As I look through the window, I want to see cultures float away in a freeing dance of harmony.

NYC would be somewhat perfect but it's so much of a city and I want my kids to actually be able to have leisure time outside of their own home.
Are you speaking of "diversity" as propagandized by various Public Service Announcements (PSA's)? The theme of many of the ads is rather innocent on the surface, but you have to also pay attention to the implicit message: Diversity trumps the freedom to choose in residential location, etc. Clicking on the link below will take you to the downloads page for aricherlife.org. Once you're at that page you'll see links to three radio spots (MP3 files) that play as PSA's on radio stations around the country.

aRicherLife

Old 05-12-2009, 06:09 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,686,780 times
I'm not familiar with a wide range of options outside of my area, but i do know a place that i'm familiar with that might suite you
Union, NJ
This place is very diverse.. Of cousre there's going to be neighborhoods that have a stronger one race standard but none the less, the whole town is pretty diverse.
Close to NYC, nice community, and the winters are tolerable IMO.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:51 PM

983 posts, read 3,598,260 times
Default honolulu

Quote:
i noticed that a lot of the warmer regions of the united states are somewhat diverse in human population but technically still segregated. Some of these examples would be florida, california, deep south....

I want to live in a warmer area that doesn't have brutal winters. I'm located in the midwest right now. What can you suggest? Don't sugar coat anything, i need facts.

I want to look out the window on a typically warm day and have the heated breeze caress my face. As i look through the window, i want to see cultures float away in a freeing dance of harmony.

Nyc would be somewhat perfect but it's so much of a city and i want my kids to actually be able to have leisure time outside of their own home.
Honolulu.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:56 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
what does diversity have to do with people getting along.
if you cant get along with your own race how is mixing it up guna make it better?
"the free dance of harmony" is a beautiful dream
it starts with us.
i have a dream
signed
a non white
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.