Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 12:13 PM

203 posts, read 512,554 times

Advertisements

I noticed that a lot of the warmer regions of the United States are somewhat diverse in human population but technically still segregated. Some of these examples would be Florida, California, Deep South....

I want to live in a warmer area that doesn't have brutal winters. I'm located in the midwest right now. What can you suggest? Don't sugar coat anything, I need FACTS.

I want to look out the window on a typically warm day and have the heated breeze caress my face. As I look through the window, I want to see cultures float away in a freeing dance of harmony.

NYC would be somewhat perfect but it's so much of a city and I want my kids to actually be able to have leisure time outside of their own home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 12:24 PM

163 posts, read 493,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzymentality View Post
I noticed that a lot of the warmer regions of the United States are somewhat diverse in human population but technically still segregated. Some of these examples would be Florida, California, Deep South....

I want to live in a warmer area that doesn't have brutal winters. I'm located in the midwest right now. What can you suggest? Don't sugar coat anything, I need FACTS.

I want to look out the window on a typically warm day and have the heated breeze caress my face. As I look through the window, I want to see cultures float away in a freeing dance of harmony.

NYC would be somewhat perfect but it's so much of a city and I want my kids to actually be able to have leisure time outside of their own home.
California is being put in the same sentence as Deep South . The East is more segregated then California (Los Angeles) the only parts of LA that are segregated are mainly the hoods of LA and most of that had to do with latino & black gang violence ..Besides that LA is integrated go Melrose , Sunset Strip , West LA

Old 05-11-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9TheCityOfAngeles9 View Post
California is being put in the same sentence as Deep South . The East is more segregated then California (Los Angeles) the only parts of LA that are segregated are mainly the hoods of LA and most of that had to do with latino & black gang violence ..Besides that LA is integrated go Melrose , Sunset Strip , West LA

No. That is definitely NOT what I heard about LA. Plus, everyone is LEAVING LA. The people are artificial and it's way to expensive to live there anymore.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:06 PM

163 posts, read 493,868 times
Quote:
No. That is definitely NOT what I heard about LA. Plus, everyone is LEAVING LA. The people are artificial and it's way to expensive to live there anymore.
you probably watch alot of those snobbish TV shows . If you havent been to Los angeles you couldnt know

Old 05-11-2009, 01:07 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,841,754 times
Quote:

The larger cities in Texas.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:43 PM

93,292 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Try Phoenix, Las Vegas, the Tidewater Area of VA and San Diego too.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Try Phoenix, Las Vegas, the Tidewater Area of VA and San Diego too.

Phoenix is segregated.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:30 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,288,018 times
Quote:
Glad to see the stereotypes are still alive and kickin'

Old 05-11-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster2008 View Post
Glad to see the stereotypes are still alive and kickin'

No, Those aren't stereotypes. Take it from your fellow city data'ers.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:08 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
Quote:
Some of these examples would be Florida, California, Deep South....

NYC would be somewhat perfect
lmao, if NYC isn't segregated and a place like Houston, Tampa, or San Diego is, good luck. It doesn't get any more segregated than NYC (maybe Detroit and possibly Chicago) and it doesn't get any less than most of the south. You said not to sugarcoat...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.