Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 09:43 PM

202 posts, read 1,008,144 times

Advertisements

Most people in the U.S.:

* Don't use turn signals most of the time
* Lazy
* Talk on phone when not allowed
* Drive too fast
* Play "games" on the highway, by switching lines for no reason
* Don't keep their headlights on during precipitation
* Drives fast, then slows down when they see a police
* Never full stop on a stop-sign
* Never yield to anyone

99% of the cars in North America are automatic transmission, so we don't have to switch and shift on trandmission, so why not use turn signals and fallow all rules?! In Europe, most cars are manual transmission, so people are busy with shifting and switching, but people still drive much better, fallow the rules and use their turn signals all the time!

What else? Please add more!

Old 05-17-2009, 10:09 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,687,432 times
Really? Well its not like that here, and if your so busy paying attention to other people on the road, how are you driving, NorthNJ?

Old 05-17-2009, 10:17 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,633,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-201 View Post
Most people in the U.S.:

* Lazy
* Drive too fast
* Never yield to anyone

99% of the cars in North America are automatic transmission, so we don't have to switch and shift on trandmission, so why not use turn signals and fallow all rules?! In Europe, most cars are manual transmission, so people are busy with shifting and switching, but people still drive much better, fallow the rules and use their turn signals all the time!

I've notice that everyone is angry behind the wheel. Always rushing to get to God know where. People, really, leave an extra 20 mins, so you don't have to drive 65 in a school zone.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Gimmee a break about this wonderful European driving! They drive like maniacs, at least in the parts where I was. They're always on their cell phones, even when they're riding a bike! Also, they smoke all the time, which is surely a distraction when driving a car. I don't know about the higher ratio of stick shift cars; I think the car we rented was an automatic.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:46 PM

2,316 posts, read 7,819,979 times
Eeny meeny miney mole... I think I smell the smell of a troll...

Old 05-18-2009, 12:38 AM

898 posts, read 2,562,825 times
Everyone drives horribly everywhere, these lists of driving annoyances are getting old. Let's all just accept the motto that "the only one that doesn't drive like a moron is me"

Old 05-18-2009, 12:47 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,383,950 times
Lots of Americans are bad drivers.... but my God...

I was in France a month ago and nearly crapped my pants during one cab ride. Terrifying.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:06 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Quote:
Most people in the U.S.:

* Lazy
* Drive too fast
* Never yield to anyone

Such generalizations don't hold weight. There are lousy and good drivers everywhere. Much depends on where you live, what kind of car you drive, whether you enjoy driving, whether you love driving your car, and so forth. It's not all bad in the US.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:50 AM

2,257 posts, read 8,171,291 times
Quote:
In Europe, most cars are manual transmission, so people are busy with shifting and switching, but people still drive much better, fallow the rules and use their turn signals all the time!
Hahahaha. You haven't seen much of Europe, have you?

Old 05-18-2009, 06:43 AM

95 posts, read 301,006 times
I think NJ is the only state that has that law, not to talk on the phone.. correct me if I'm mistaken.

o yeah... move to Europe you US hater
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.