Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2013, 12:20 PM

517 posts, read 678,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
But does everyone have a negative outlook on things as you do? No (and thank god)
They arent scenic to you, but to the rest of us who enjoy more things in life, do find it scenic and impressive.
I'm glad you find it scenic and impressive. For Midwest standards, it certainly is.

The point is that the Midwest is the flattest and most boring part of the country. This wouldn't be considered scenic in most parts of the country.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:24 PM

1,312 posts, read 2,170,319 times
Quote:
But does everyone have a negative outlook on things as you do? No (and thank god)
They arent scenic to you, but to the rest of us who enjoy more things in life, do find it scenic and impressive.
He only has a negative outlook on it because he made an asinine comment, and instead of admitting he was wrong, he continues to dig himself a larger and larger hole.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:24 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCH_CDM View Post
I'm glad you find it scenic and impressive. For Midwest standards, it certainly is.

The point is that the Midwest is the flattest and most boring part of the country.
This wouldn't be considered scenic in most parts of the country.
That is a personal preference, you are more of a negative person and a nay sayer so you won't enjoy as many thing out of life compared to most people who love to live or visit in the midwest.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:25 PM

1,312 posts, read 2,170,319 times
Quote:

The point is that the Midwest is the flattest and most boring part of the country. This wouldn't be considered scenic in most parts of the country.
It's a beautiful drive by anyone's standards, regardless of where you're from. Like I said, I have never met anyone from anywhere who took Hwy 35 up the Wisconsin border and came away less than impressed.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:26 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowsAndBeer View Post
He only has a negative outlook on it because he made an asinine comment, and instead of admitting he was wrong, he continues to dig himself a larger and larger hole.
I know, i live in the MN-IA-WI tri state region right by the river. very scenic and peaceful and not all dry and ugly like those mountains out west.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:28 PM

4 posts, read 5,694 times
.Midwest people r the most down to earth!

Old 08-21-2013, 12:45 PM

517 posts, read 678,767 times
Quote:
That is a personal preference, you are more of a negative person and a nay sayer so you won't enjoy as many thing out of life compared to most people who love to live or visit in the midwest.
You're right, it is a personal preference.

But I bet you it's the most common personal preference in the U.S. Most people will agree that, say, Indiana is less scenic than, say, California.

And I have been to the supposedly "stunning" portions of the Midwest (Michigan Upper Peninsula, Northern Wisconsin, etc.) They're fine, but nothing special. Not worth a 7 hour drive to see some hills and trees.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:24 PM

16,076 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Absolutely no way. More beautiful than Florida, CA, Hawaii (you didn't mention it, I know)? Laughable.

I've seen Great Lakes beaches on Lake Michigan and while they are beautiful, no way are they more beautiful than many ocean beaches throughout the country and world (you mentioned Jamaica). Talk about homerism. Wow.
Meh, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Michigan beaches do have something those others do not, and some of us find that quite enjoyable.

michigannutphotography.com3.jpg

http://sleepingbeardunes.comLake-Michigan.jpg
http://sleepingbeardunes.comjpg
http://sleepingbeardunes.com.jpg

pier-.JPG

Old 08-21-2013, 01:56 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,181,366 times
The Hocking Hills region of Ohio is a personal favorite of mine.

Hocking Hills State Park Hiking Trails Pictures Movie

Old 08-21-2013, 01:59 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
If these pics are your definition of gorgeous, I think you would have a heart attack if you visited the Columbia River in Oregon or the Hudson River north of NYC. Or, God forbid, you visit the Rio Grande through the Grand Canyon. Holy crap.
hey genuis...the Rio Grande doesn't flow through the Grand Canyon...Holy Crap indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.