Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 11:38 AM

699 posts, read 2,228,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivo View Post
try going to bars in Adams-Morgan. ironically not much of a bar person but probably reflects on dc nightlife in general.
Hahaha. Asians don't go to Adams Morgan. I might have gone out there once in the past 5 years. As bars/clubs change and move, so do Asians (kinda fickle like that).

Have you tried the areas on Connecticut or K Street?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 02:04 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,660,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThroatGuzzler View Post
Queens NY has a large Indian/Pakistani population, look into that.
Yeah I'd say Queens NY as well. Queens it is the most diverse county in the whole US.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:15 AM

805 posts, read 2,149,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Hahaha. Asians don't go to Adams Morgan. I might have gone out there once in the past 5 years. As bars/clubs change and move, so do Asians (kinda fickle like that).

Have you tried the areas on Connecticut or K Street?
k street no. ive been to dupont a little if that's what you are referring to.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:17 AM

805 posts, read 2,149,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Which bars do you mean?

There are many bars/clubs/lounges in DC that are majority Asian, including South Asian.

The Baltimore area where you are at though... not so much.
im not really looking for a majority asian/sa crowd, more of at least a mix of people. I mean in general when you walk down adams morgan it's monolithic. not sure what bar's in particular.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:19 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,463,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
NY/NJ area (especially around the George Washington Bridge) Manhattan, Queens, Jersey City, New Brunswick, Piscataway and Edison.
seriously, you'd think the south asians were extras in a fat joe video

Old 06-24-2009, 08:32 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,342,931 times
Dallas/Fort Worth & area:

Plano
Frisco
Richardson
North Irving
Southlake
Keller
Arlington

Old 01-02-2010, 07:03 AM

152 posts, read 220,160 times
Seattle is good for u but San Fransisco is best

Old 09-29-2011, 03:04 AM

2 posts, read 3,866 times
Smile Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivo View Post
besides SF
guessing LA, Seattle possibly

Talking mainly about people that grew up in the U.S.
I believe Westminster, or "Little Saigon", as the sign on the freeway says, is probably the most amenable and welcoming to all Asian peoples. Westminster is close to Disneyland. National City has a lot of Asian culture, too. I'm talking about the availability of foods, stores, clubs and sizable Asian population for social opportunities; that sort of thing. Oceanside has a very sizable Filipino Community. The San Diego area in general is very hospitable, and known as "The Nicest City in the World". It has the largest Biotech community (maybe Overland Park, Kansas comes close with ave 6 figure incomes, but there are hardly any Asians there). You might like Stanford University, and the surrounding city of Palo Alto, CA; I found nearby Los Altos to be a very upscale community. I personally would like to go back to Oahu, Hawaii-but the island isn't very big, and you might get claustrophobic. Back in the day, there were no community colleges in Hawaii, so all the young people came to LVN, in Las Vegas, (except Obama). You might check that out, too. Portland, Oregon and the "Tri-Cities" area south of there, is very friendly towards Asians, also. I would stay away from the Midwest and the Deep South; there is a reason their rents are half that of San Diego, and it's not just the "climate tax". There are also a lot of Asians in the larger cities of Texas, for some reason; i think it's because their economy is booming, compared to California (San Diego not withstanding). Good Luck in your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.