Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 08:16 PM

25 posts, read 88,122 times

Advertisements

The New, Interactive Singles Map.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 08:33 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.S. View Post
I live in Northern California, Silicon Valley. All the men here want to do is to F around, even when their thing doesn't even work. I have dated men in their late 40s to a man in his early seventies. The 70-year old man I dated thinking that he was no older than 65 or so; he misled me about his age as much as he misled me about other important things. At least he wasn't married!

If you want to get married, try another planet with humanoid life form. As I said, most of the men nowadays are creeps, having the moral equivalent of a cross between a sewer rat and a sewer cockroach. They don't want to be monogamous; that's really the bottom line. Frankly, to be fair, women have had a lot to do with that by acting like whores and having sex with the jerks before developing a relationship and having a good gut feeling as to whether the man loves them or not based on his behavior with her (NEVER go by his words alone; ALWAYS observe his behavior and how he treats you!). Having said that, however, a man of honor and integrity will not wallow in the dirt with a woman who acts like a cheap tramp.

I am a VERY attractive woman in her very early 50s. I used to do modeling when I was in high school and I have maintained my attractiveness to a fair degree. I am not conceited and I don't care about what the men look like. I am interested in who they are as a person and in their character and personality. The men I have dated aren't good looking, except for one of them.

I comport myself like the lady that I am, yet I am fun to be with, funny and I am not set in any way. I have an advanced degree, I am intelligent, yet I'm not stuffy. I'm extremely playful. You'd think that men would be lining at my door interested in a serious relationship! Well, nothing could be further from that! Sure, I get lots of invitations to go out, but it all boils down to the same thing -- you can pretty much tell that all they want is an F-buddy, which is insulting and degrading. Thank goodness that I have a healthy amount of self-esteem and I will not allow any man to treat me like a prostitute in a brothel!

Ladies, all I can say is that you need to get used to facing the fact that most men nowadays are worthless and useless. They aren't gentlemen. They don't woo you. They don't show you much attention. They don't show sincere appreciation. And worst of all: they don't love. Accept that fact; I have. It's depressing. It's sad. It leaves you feeling empty, lonely, unfilfilled and as if you're wasting your life. But that's the reality. Join social groups and keep yourself busy. Do volunteer work. If we were in the middle ages, I guess we could get ourselves to a nunnery!
........Well, I know this wasn't written recently-
but it really pertains to the men I've encountered as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.