Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 05:51 AM

531 posts, read 2,011,126 times

Advertisements

I am close to my family, but live 800 miles away. It was a hard decision to move so far away, but I do not regret it one bit! I love where we are and could not imagine going back.

We have put cameras on all of our computers so we can still talk...and see each other. That was mostly for the kids, but we all love being able to use them! We also plan a yearly trip to travel back and see everyone for 2 weeks. Throughout the year everyone plans a trip to come see us. Everyone spreads out their trips so we have someone every other month or so. We still get to see everyone a few times a year. This year my brother and his family are meeting us 1/2 way and we are taking a vacation together.

Being this far apart has made me really appreciate my friends and family more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 09:56 AM

126 posts, read 482,661 times
This is a purely subjective question to which there is no right or wrong answer. There are many people who are happy to live their entire lives in a 30 mile radius, there are many people who are not.

As to how the family dynamic factors in, again, that just depends on the person. Living far from your family is not representative of the love you do or do not have for those people.

I am getting ready to move across the country, far away from any family. It's a personal decision. It's about what is best for me. What my life calling is. Has nothing to do with the love I have for my family. Yes, they will be sorry to see me go. Yes, I will miss them. But, for me, it would be a mistake not to follow my dreams. Wherever they lead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.