Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2009, 10:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,136 times

Advertisements

Hello.

I am moving out here in maybe 6 months to a year, I plan to move else where but I cant find a good place.

I 'was' considering Forks, WA. but then 'It' happened and i decided i wouldn't be called a twilight wannabe. So what i want to know is are there any places relatively like Forks. At this time i make more than enough money to live in a city like New York, but I like small towns better.
Preferably with low living costs, and not in the state of Texas.
closer to Canada would be better, if possible.

So I'm open to suggestions, or complaints.
Also if its possible, as much info on the place.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 12:32 AM

3,871 posts, read 17,050,517 times
Before people can offer suggestions, you need to tell us:
-- what type of climate do you want?
-- what kind of employment do you need?
-- what type of country, or scenery, do you want?
-- what "small" town means to you, how much population?
-- what resources you want -- do you need libraries? movies? gyms? restaurants? public transportation? schools? what kind of stores? churches?
-- by "small town" do you want isolation? Not isolation, but walking to supermarkets?
-- do you have companion animals and/or hobbies that you want to accommodate?
-- what kind of social life do you want?
-- do you have political or social-attitude requirements?
-- "low living costs" often/usually means either you live off the land by raising everything yourself, or you live in a depressed area where resources and choices are few. Are those options what you want?
-- "not Texas" leaves 49 states. We need more specific information.
-- "near Canada" is 3,000 miles from coast to coast and at least a dozen states. We need more specific information.
-- "places relatively like Forks" would be the death of your life. Go to the Washington state forum and search for Forks. We (in WA) have many threads from people who think: 1) Forks is like the Twilight novels and movies, which it definitely is not; and 2) Forks, or any place like it, would be a great place to live, which it definitely would not be.

You need to start making lists, of exactly what you need and want, and exactly what you don't want. Then tell us these specific guidelines, and we might be able to formulate useful suggestions. OK? Have fun thinking it out to create your life!

Last edited by allforcats; 07-31-2009 at 01:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.