Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 05:54 AM

28 posts, read 72,501 times

Advertisements

move into a nightclub district and then complain about noise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 07:06 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,105,227 times
I don't know, that's why I moved into a nightclub district. I love the noise and hustle and bustle of the city for some weird reason I feel safer.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:23 AM

613 posts, read 2,307,215 times
Unfortunately, a lot of people like the idea of living in the midst of all the fun, but don't realize that the fun doesn't conform to their schedule. This happened to a friend of mine. He wanted to buy a condo in such an area, but thankfully couldn't find a place he liked so he decided to rent. The novelty wore off very fast. He learned that people will be out and loud at 1AM on a Wed night even though he needed to go to work the next morning and some will still be out and loud at 4AM on Sat although he called it a night at 2AM and just wanted to sleep. He ended up buying in a less bustling city neighborhood.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:37 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,105,227 times
Good Point, I have lived in an entertainment district for 3 years now and Loving it. I also wondered why people complain about traffic when they live in a metro area or when a road expands they oppose it. DUH!!! what, did you not think traffic would increase and the area you live in would grow? You thought everything would stay the same!!! hint: don't live next to or on a busy street it's only going to get busier.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:45 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,297,759 times
That's like people who move into the area of an airport and then complain about the noise from the planes. This absolutely boggles my mind to no end.

I happen to live about a mile from the city airport, and sometimes I think I'm the only person who isn't bothered by it. Sometimes I even like it. I think I prefer a little noise around me, anyway.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:52 AM

128 posts, read 638,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
That's like people who move into the area of an airport and then complain about the noise from the planes. This absolutely boggles my mind to no end.

I happen to live about a mile from the city airport, and sometimes I think I'm the only person who isn't bothered by it. Sometimes I even like it. I think I prefer a little noise around me, anyway.
Don't forget about the people who move to the country and then complain about the cows.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:55 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,489,375 times
People like to complain. Hasn't the City-vs-City forum taught you anything?

Old 08-05-2009, 04:25 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,813,368 times
Anyone can move anywhere and have something to complain about

Too many kids, too many old people, too loud, too quiet, too many minorities, too many white people, etc.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:43 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,242,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I don't know, that's why I moved into a nightclub district. I love the noise and hustle and bustle of the city for some weird reason I feel safer.
I can relate. Like you feel like if something were to happen and you screamed for help someone would hear. If it's quiet especially if the place is unfamiliar it can feel eeirie especially when you're walking to your car by yourself. Sometimes a quiet street can definitely have a in space no one can hear you scream feel to it.

At the same time places with nightclubs tend to have higher crime rates because both attractive and unattractive elements are drawn into the neighborhood. Also there's more folks who just don't belong in the neighborhood walking around or stumbling for that matter.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:11 PM

343 posts, read 932,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james229 View Post
move into a nightclub district and then complain about noise?
Is this really something that happens all that often?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.