Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2009, 06:11 PM

12 posts, read 34,711 times

Advertisements

What do you think when you see that your city is growing?
Are you:
1) Happy and proud that people continue to move to your great city. Happy of what more people can bring (more resturants, museums, more opportunity for city to become global, etc.)
OR
2) Mad. More people contributes to more congestion. More people could increase prices, or competition for desirable things (seats for a game, jobs). The city could fall behind what it can offer as population grows quicker than city can handle.
OR
3) Don't really care either way.

This is mostly geared towards people in big cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 08:13 PM

43 posts, read 115,004 times
I used to be happy. Now I am mad. I do not like seeing graphic t wearing Californians in my BBQ spot. Please find something decent and not annoying to wear. We are not rolling in Amsterdam. I do not like the traffic nor the ideology new comers bring into my neighborhood/town. Inflation is also not cool. Did I mention the graphic t's?

Old 08-22-2009, 10:09 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditional Texan View Post
I do not like seeing graphic-t wearing Californians in my BBQ spot.
They probably moved here from somewhere else and now have moved there. Its like we're playing hot potato with undesirable hipsters. LOL

Old 08-22-2009, 11:10 PM

1,197 posts, read 4,782,902 times
I always think positively. Especially when people move into the city, although I dont get too excited when Sacramento sprawls more and more.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:08 AM

96 posts, read 243,673 times
I also like to think positive on the matter. More new and interesting people to meet, more stores to choose from, and more new entertainment to be had. The things in a city that were there before it grew, you know, those things that made a town unique, like the downtown square, or the old ma and pa diner will always still be there to remind you what still makes your town yours and not the corporate giants that are building it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.