Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2009, 10:08 PM

207 posts, read 324,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I'll take the ghetto, I live in the ghetto and my mindset is that if a hillbilly come at me the wrong way I'm gonna go to jail, plus I couldn't be around stupidity all day.
And we all know ghetto dwellers are rocket scientists......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 10:14 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,913,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
The ghetto, I think between the 2 ghetto people would have a higher IQ vs a hillbilly, therefore you could reason with them easier.
You are a disgusting racist.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:16 PM

207 posts, read 324,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I've heard stories from my dad about the now-gone hillbilly neighborhoods on the North Side of Chicago. Apparently they like to get drunk and fight for no reason. I remember something about two guys fighting, one with a spike bat and the other with a crowbar, and it was treated by nearby people as a spectacle rather than something to be stopped.

I'd prefer minority ghetto neighborhoods where I may be parted with my money, but won't be, say, jumped and get my teeth knocked out with a 2X4 by a group of drunk dirty people who perform such violent acts for pure amusement.
I am from the South and I never have to worry about this unless I am in the black parts of cities.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:27 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,101,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
You are a disgusting racist.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:14 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I once stopped off at a rural town traveling through southern Missouri one time to have a beer. It was the mid-70's and I was wearing a jogging suit.
I was not even halfway through my beer and I looked up and these rednecks were all whispering to each other, looking over at me, with devilish smiles on their faces. Finally, one said: Hey boy! Stand up and turn around and let's see your pretty outfit! He-he-he!

I told them I forgot my cigarette lighter in my car, as an excuse to get out of there. Once backed out of the parking lot, I nervously looked at my rearview mirror for the next 20 miles, my heart beating like a trickhammer.

I'll take the ghetto over a hillbilly town.
A few things.

Were you drinking like a Billy Beer or something? That could have been the problem.

I think going in a bar in an area is not truly indicative of the whole area. Unless you are going to compare that trip to a bar to a trip to a bar in East New York.

Did you really think they were going to pull a Ned Beatty on you?

Old 10-01-2009, 12:02 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,238,078 times
If I where black, a hilbilly town.
If I where white, a ghetto area.

I am neither, therefore I am screwed.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:05 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
I think hillbillies, rednecks, and racists are the lowest form of human, far lower than any black person in the ghetto. The reason is that it was a supremely barbaric, vile, and ignorant type of human who wanted to enslave people and then later not consider them full human-beings or worth of equal rights. Supremely vile. The fact that today, that mindset still exists shows that there has been no evolutionary progression or development among that group. Hillbilly area? Absolutely not.

I'd prefer the ghetto. There are no racists in the ghetto, just people responding to it.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:23 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
^ you know.....not every hillbilly is a racist. My family comes from the Ozarks, which makes us hillbillies, and we are about the furthest away from racists.....the comment you made could actually be construed as racist.......just sayin'........

Old 10-01-2009, 01:25 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
There are no racists in the ghetto, just people responding to it.
Nominated for the damn funniest thing posted in a long time on C-D.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:43 PM

55 posts, read 173,903 times
Both, this is like asking if you would rather be punched on the nose, or punched in your stomach!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.