Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 02:08 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,241,854 times

Advertisements

I've spent a lot of time in Connecticut, and I think that NJ is more culturally interesting than CT. I also think there is more to do in NJ, overall. It just seems that NJ has more character, local foods, local legends, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 02:40 PM

1,359 posts, read 3,707,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
I've spent a lot of time in Connecticut, and I think that NJ is more culturally interesting than CT. I also think there is more to do in NJ, overall. It just seems that NJ has more character, local foods, local legends, etc.
I agree, NJ has more of everything (not that CT is all that deficient) but not all of it is desirable...

Old 09-16-2009, 08:48 PM

893 posts, read 2,851,603 times
Someone told me this joke once.

"Long Island, New Jersey same crap different dirrection" So if Long Island is most like NJ but LI isn't a state.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:59 PM

110 posts, read 100,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
I wouldn't badmouth any of the other states that way.
New Jersey is the wealthiest state of all fifty. Also, it gives access to Philly, New York City, Atlantic City and the whole state is covered with beaches. You don’t like it simply because it doesn’t have the culture of the deep south. Hey Yall

Old 09-17-2009, 04:01 AM

1,160 posts, read 2,947,442 times
Like many have said, I would have to say Connecticut. Both NJ and CT contain many affluent New York City suburbs. NJ has Newark and Jersey City, CT has Bridgeport and Hartford. NJ has Atlantic City, CT has Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods. NJ has Princeton University, CT has Yale University. Both have rather dense populations. And of course, both wish they were as cool and fun as New York :P

Old 09-17-2009, 09:26 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,460,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCounty View Post
New Jersey is the wealthiest state of all fifty. Also, it gives access to Philly, New York City, Atlantic City and the whole state is covered with beaches. You don’t like it simply because it doesn’t have the culture of the deep south. Hey Yall
have you ever been to Cumberland County?

Old 09-17-2009, 09:55 AM

18,332 posts, read 26,360,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCounty View Post
I dislike NJ because it's overcrowded and over developed, in addition to a nanny government that makes it one of the least free states in the U.S. I'm not a Southerner either.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:55 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,241,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayp1188 View Post
Like many have said, I would have to say Connecticut. Both NJ and CT contain many affluent New York City suburbs. NJ has Newark and Jersey City, CT has Bridgeport and Hartford. NJ has Atlantic City, CT has Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods. NJ has Princeton University, CT has Yale University. Both have rather dense populations. And of course, both wish they were as cool and fun as New York :P
I know your last sentence was tongue-in-cheek, but it's really not true at all. Many people in NJ and CT never even go to NYC. NJ and CT are largely suburban, and there are many jobs (as well as entertainment options) located in both states.

Bear in mind that NYC is "the city" of the region. So of course there is a lot of stuff to do there! Your comment is like saying "the people of Evanston wish that they were as cool and fun as Chicago". Or, "the people of Northwestern Indiana wish they were as cool and fun as Chicago". Silly statement ... it's burbs vs city. People who live in the burbs, versus the city, do so to get away from all that action.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:02 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,460,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I dislike NJ because it's overcrowded and over developed, in addition to a nanny government that makes it one of the least free states in the U.S. I'm not a Southerner either.

http://images3.cafepress.com/product...x240_Front.jpg

Old 09-17-2009, 09:35 PM

110 posts, read 100,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Well, I have a solution to your problem....... don't ever visit or live in New Jersey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.