Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 09:47 AM

2,703 posts, read 3,414,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I think NorthPark in Dallas would have something to say about that.
Well, they both have stores that the other doesn't. They are about the same, but the Galleria is bigger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 11:07 AM

3,073 posts, read 11,572,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I think NorthPark in Dallas would have something to say about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I was definetly about to come in here and say that lol. Northpark would give the Galleria a run for it's money. I had the pleasure of going there 5 years ago. Same year as the Galleria. Both impressed me with their high end shopping. But I've only been in 3-4 malls since I dislike them so much. Oh and if you want to call it southern. Tyson's Corner Mall in Northern Virginia could give both those aformentioned malls a run as well.
Are you kidding me? Please, Dallas doesn't even have a YSL...Houston does. Plus, Houston is also getting a Valentino next year, another Prada, and possibly a Marc Jacobs (though I doubt it). Dallas couldn't even get in on this chance. I'll give them the fact that they have more high end anchor stores, but the highest end boutiques come to Houston. And for a good reason, too.

(And I looked up that mall in Virginia...they don't even have a Ralph Lauren. That's probably like the easiest upscale store to get, but they didn't get one. So back to what I was saying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
The Galleria area in Houston. The most upscale shopping center in the South (except for what Miami might have).

Last edited by mpope409; 05-31-2007 at 11:18 AM..

Old 05-31-2007, 01:07 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,236,297 times
That's because Ralph Lauren is in the Tyson's Galleria which is directly arcross the street from Tyson's Corner Center. So imo Tyson's is the most complete mall experience. There's plenty of upscale, Versace, Chanel, Ferragamo, Hugo Boss, Burberry and many others if thats what you like. All the malls mentioned like Tyson's, Galleria Houston, King of P, Northpark and others have upscale but they have plenty of affordable stores too. When I think of upscale I think of Worth Avenue in Palm Beach, Americana Manhasset, The Shops at Bal Harbour, Rodeo Drive, Highland Park Village in Dallas and a fews others I can't think of right now.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:53 PM

3,073 posts, read 11,572,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
That's because Ralph Lauren is in the Tyson's Galleria which is directly arcross the street from Tyson's Corner Center. So imo Tyson's is the most complete mall experience. There's plenty of upscale, Versace, Chanel, Ferragamo, Hugo Boss, Burberry and many others if thats what you like. All the malls mentioned like Tyson's, Galleria Houston, King of P, Northpark and others have upscale but they have plenty of affordable stores too. When I think of upscale I think of Worth Avenue in Palm Beach, Americana Manhasset, The Shops at Bal Harbour, Rodeo Drive, Highland Park Village in Dallas and a fews others I can't think of right now.
But does their Ralph Lauren offer Purple Label sales? I'm pretty positive they don't. I also checked out the Tyson Galleria website and it still is not as high end as Houston Galleria.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:10 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,236,297 times
But Galleria Houston has Popeye's Fried Chicken and Tyson's Galleria doesn't.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:31 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,516,731 times
Houston has clothing lines that Dallas does not have. Dallas has clothing lines than Houston does not have. They both are great shopping areas. I stand by my statement though, Northpark would give the Galleria a run for it's money as far as upscale.

*edit* from looking at the Northpark Mall Stores. They will infact be receiving a Valentino's. I will not be surprised that all the other high end stores you mentioned opens in the new Victory Park.

Oh and I got this from another site
Quote:
Houston Texas exclusives- Bvlgari, Giorgio Armani, David Yurman, YSL, Fendi, Carolina Herrera, Bally, Feragamo

Dallas Texas exclusives- Faconable, Calvin Klein, Escada (2), Calypso, Anne Fontaine, Porthault, Robert Talbot, Custo Barcelona, Via Spiga, Celine, Hugo Boss,
Tod's (soon) Loro Piano
Again, Dallas hold it's own.

Old 05-31-2007, 03:07 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,414,833 times
Victory Park? Do they really want that place to pricey for the normal folk?

Old 05-31-2007, 04:35 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,693,098 times
Quote:
Are you kidding me? Please, Dallas doesn't even have a YSL...Houston does. Plus, Houston is also getting a Valentino next year, another Prada, and possibly a Marc Jacobs (though I doubt it). Dallas couldn't even get in on this chance. I'll give them the fact that they have more high end anchor stores, but the highest end boutiques come to Houston. And for a good reason, too.
Actually NorthPark is getting a Valentino's. It could easily give the Houston Galleria a run for its' money and even win. Don't underestimate.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:11 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,516,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
Victory Park? Do they really want that place to pricey for the normal folk?

It's in uptown. What do you think lol. Seriously, I believe the person developing Victory Park said he wanted to get some stores that cater to OUR crowd this year. Everyone will not afford the resturants and the shops they are building now. But I still want to try those steakhouses.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:13 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,680,004 times
LOL!! This is the first time I've clicked on this thread. Is it Dallas vs. Houston all over the board??? LOL... Can we say "spillover"...... Hahahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.