Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:43 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times

Advertisements

I see the Nazis have returned...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 08:50 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptuneaus View Post
I know my take on this as a black man (will share it later in the thread) but wonder what others think. People of all races please offer your opinion (and why).

Feel free to offer your opinion from personal experience or from that of a friend, relative, etc.
I say Atlanta... just live in the Southeast areas... predominantly your race and the politicians are some of the worst corrupted officials on the planet... they are liberals...

Old 09-08-2009, 08:55 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptuneaus View Post
I know my take on this as a black man (will share it later in the thread) but wonder what others think. People of all races please offer your opinion (and why).

Feel free to offer your opinion from personal experience or from that of a friend, relative, etc.
I think that racially tolerant and liberal are mutually exclusive. It would be "either or".

Old 09-08-2009, 09:05 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,959,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I think that racially tolerant and liberal are mutually exclusive. It would be "either or".
Welcome to Atlanta.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:38 AM

200 posts, read 131,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
I see the Nazis have returned...........

Wow there is a surprise someone disagrees with a liberal and gets called a nazi.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:45 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NationalistLibertarian View Post
Sounds like a really nice town, probably low crime huh?
Only if you don't count the welfare fraud. Oh, and all the older men who run the male teens out of town to keep the competition down ...

The most culturally diverse, and tolerant city that I know of is Seattle, Washington. There are lots of immigrants of all nationalities and colors there, though most especially from the Pacific Rim. They don't seem to have the contempt of immigrants that you see in so many areas.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:28 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Its too easy to say all the obvious spots like Eugene, Seattle or Northern Cali, I have been in some of the remotest places in the US and found people quite remarkably open even though many of them have never seen an real live black person before.
Like the city mentioned earlier in the thread ,Colorado City, I thought people were real nice even though I didn't really know where I was at , ( I 'm glad I didn't comment to anyone there on how huge everyone's house was) I have spent my share of time in staunch republican agricultural communities and had a great time. I don't like the word tolerant because you tolerate something you don't like.
I have to say many of the places I have been in the US are small towns I had no choice in visiting(I was sent there for my work) but I left thinking "that wasn't so bad" I would never advise a black person to select a city based on its record for tolerance or liberal attitudes because you will have a false sense of security believing that bigotry doesn't exist. I would much rather be a path finder than a sheep in a pasture anyway.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:29 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
New York. It's pretty hard to be so different here that you would even get a second glance.

Not that racism in the city is non-existent--there are occasional incidents in certain neighborhoods and too many racist occurances involving the police, but by and large, the average person is accepting of others of all types of races, religions, ethnic groups, sexual orientations, whatever. You have to be that way or you just won't survive here.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:39 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
I'll vote Rochester, MN. Because Mayo Clinic attracts professionals and patients from all over the world, it is an island of multi cultural acceptance. People of all races, nations, and cultures work together for something good. They are dedicated to helping their fellow man regardless of race, culture, or beliefs. This attitude of total respect and acceptance emanates throughout the city.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:41 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Only if you don't count the welfare fraud. Oh, and all the older men who run the male teens out of town to keep the competition down ...

The most culturally diverse, and tolerant city that I know of is Seattle, Washington. There are lots of immigrants of all nationalities and colors there, though most especially from the Pacific Rim. They don't seem to have the contempt of immigrants that you see in so many areas.
That's because they're Asians. Let's see they're smart, honest, hard-working and love America. Contrast that with the ones we have in the Dearborn area who came here for a better life than would be possible in the slime rag nations they left, yet they still manage to hate America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.