Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of the wealthiest states would you live in?
Maryland 20 9.95%
New Jersey 31 15.42%
Connecticut 10 4.98%
Alaska 9 4.48%
Hawaii 11 5.47%
Massachusetts 25 12.44%
New Hampshire 8 3.98%
Virginia 19 9.45%
California 44 21.89%
Washington 24 11.94%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 07:49 PM

2 posts, read 1,496 times

Advertisements

I must be smarter than most people here. I would rather pay a little more taxes in a place where I will be getting paid a lot more money and have a good chance of keeping a job. Its also easier to start your own business and compete against big giants like walmart because zoning laws enables me to be a more convenient source. Every billionaire is equal to 1000 millionaires or 100,000 hundred thousandaires. If It were not for the poor people who bought Dc donalds food and the middle class people who bout the Mc Donalds franchis there would not be a McDonalds. These billionaires are hogging up all the money that they made from borrowing money from taxpayers and taking advantage of a democratic free trading system that was put here by our ancestors who shed blood sweat and tears for as soldiers, labor workers, teachers and so on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 07:53 PM

2 posts, read 1,496 times
I travel all around the country more frequently than most people. I live in Jersey. For good reason.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:05 PM

23 posts, read 25,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2dc View Post
Educated people make more money. Educated people vote Democrat. Educated people either are not extremely religious or are Jewish, Roman Catholic or liberal Protestants -- non evangelical.

Educated people are fitter not fatter. The red states are also the fattest states because people who don't understand or refuse to comprehend nutrition end up eating unhealthy foods.

States with high taxes use this tax revenue to pay for EDUCATION. Conservatives don't like to pay taxes and end up with underfunded school systems full of people who put pulpit ahead of practicality.

It's all a vicious cycle. Less tax revenue = less intelligent people = people who are unhealthier/unhappier = people who succumb to religious extremism. This occurs in poverty-stricken areas of Christian America as well as in poverty-stricken Islamic countries.

The argument is so simple, yet explains so much. Yes the religious fanatics on both sides (Christian and Muslim) fail to realize how similar they are to each other and how dangerous they are to civilized society.
I hope I live to see the day when DC is shut down and all you parasites have to get real jobs. I'm an atheist and fascist and as far as I'm concerned, you Judeo-Marxists are just as idiotic as the Judeo-Christians.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:45 AM

805 posts, read 1,079,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2dc View Post
Educated people make more money. Educated people vote Democrat. Educated people either are not extremely religious or are Jewish, Roman Catholic or liberal Protestants -- non evangelical.

Educated people are fitter not fatter. The red states are also the fattest states because people who don't understand or refuse to comprehend nutrition end up eating unhealthy foods.

States with high taxes use this tax revenue to pay for EDUCATION. Conservatives don't like to pay taxes and end up with underfunded school systems full of people who put pulpit ahead of practicality.

It's all a vicious cycle. Less tax revenue = less intelligent people = people who are unhealthier/unhappier = people who succumb to religious extremism. This occurs in poverty-stricken areas of Christian America as well as in poverty-stricken Islamic countries.

The argument is so simple, yet explains so much. Yes the religious fanatics on both sides (Christian and Muslim) fail to realize how similar they are to each other and how dangerous they are to civilized society.
backtodc...just a few thoughts.

I guess I completely missed the memo that I'm supposed to fall into your narrow and simplistic worldview. I do not only possess a bachelor's degree, but will graduate with high marks with a masters degree next spring. I read magazines, newspapers, watch the news, etc. and continually self-educate myself. And yes, I am a practicing Christian.

In fact, the more I am educated, the more I realize how much the Bible makes sense...it is the most accurate book in all of human history, after all. The explanations of the origin of the universe, why we are here, what happens when we die, how we should live, etc. certainly do not make me a dangerous person, as you believe. In fact, I am one of the friendliest and sincere guys that you would ever meet.

I know it's easy to look at Christian and Muslim extremists alike and deduce that they are the byproducts of a poor and downtrodden society, but that simply is not true in my case nor in the cases of others.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:46 AM

Anyone have the data that shows how many of these ultra-rich states are in debt? I live in IL and we're $4B in the hole. On the contrary, I know much of the Midwest and the red states have the lowest unemployment rates in the country.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding Berry View Post
I hope I live to see the day when DC is shut down and all you parasites have to get real jobs. I'm an atheist and fascist and as far as I'm concerned, you Judeo-Marxists are just as idiotic as the Judeo-Christians.
I disagreed with his post too, but for different reasons. What was your rationale for disagreement with the original post?

Old 09-03-2010, 05:41 PM

26,372 posts, read 46,209,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85 View Post
Anyone have the data that shows how many of these ultra-rich states are in debt? I live in IL and we're $4B in the hole. On the contrary, I know much of the Midwest and the red states have the lowest unemployment rates in the country.
Illinois IS the Midwest!

The Great Plains states have an entirely different set of attributes compared to the Midwest core or Great Lakes states.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:50 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,601,762 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding Berry View Post
...hmmmm....riiiiiiigh t

Old 09-03-2010, 06:02 PM

6,514 posts, read 7,509,112 times
I was born in Connecticut, so I must rep it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.