Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2007, 12:10 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,343,170 times

Advertisements

Tell everyone what your dream life would be like? Tell where your house is, what cars will be in the drive-way, what style the house is, what your spouse is like?

I want to live in Manhattan Beach, CA right on the water or Malibu, CA. It would be a Mediterranean style. My spouse would not have to be extremely good looking nor ugly, just loving and funny. There would be a few BMW's out front. Two kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 05:06 AM

402 posts, read 2,210,936 times
Now that I have children....

I ask to be financially stable, emotionally happy, and that my children outlive me.

The rest is just material.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:50 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
I don't actually know "where" in the US this would be, but in my dream life, there are seasons but not incredibly harsh ones. The neighborhood would have cute colonials with front porches. There would be plenty of kids around. My neighborhood would love to celebrate holidays. The homes would all be decorated for the major ones.

The area would have wonderful autumn activities (autumn is my favorite season), and we'd be within driving distance of farms and apple picking.

My kids would be able to walk to school and they'd have good friends who would walk with them.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:56 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Oh, I forgot about the cars and husband. I already have the husband and am happy to keep him. Am planning on keeping the kids too. They're awfully cute.

Cars: I'd ditch my hideous minivan thing which I HATE and which was basically forced on me (sold my cute fun Cougar). We do still have a Saturn. I'd either take over my hubby's Saturn and let him get his own thing (let him drive the stupid huge gas-guzzler if that's what he wants), or if he kept the Saturn, we'd then have a Saturn plus my white Pontiac Sunbird brought back to life (it died in the late 90s).

Old 06-27-2007, 12:03 PM

793 posts, read 3,121,944 times
Wow- the dream life involves kids for many? Oh well, to each their own- whether I had them or not, I would think part of the "dream life" would be the sanctity of the peace and quiet! Oh, and what is a spouse btw? When I saw the question, I was thinking something more along the lines of the Carribean, lounge chair, sandy beach, Jessica Alba....you get my drift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.