Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 01:33 AM

3,018 posts, read 3,548,091 times

Advertisements

I don't think nuclear bombs at such a close range would really be that effective.

The blowback and fallout would decimate populations in your home state.

Most likely the battle would be between two, three or four large mega-states. Say after Texas opened the Mexican border to any immigrant who wanted to carry a gun and then marched en mass over the surrounding three states / made a deal to team up with them, New York...meh I don't see them doing much besides strengthening their home state NYC may be considered a 'state unto itself' but I don't see those city folk getting their hands dirty down South and there would probably be race riots like mad in Rochester etc, CA WA and OR would be tough if they teamed up though...probably unstoppable.

I wonder what states would seek outside help?

Would Hawaii go back to Japan?

Would Minnesota and Wisconsin dissolve into Canada?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 01:51 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,394,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootstrap Bill View Post
Liquidation would be such a waste. Two words - "Mind Control!" One chip per person and you have a cheap labor pool.
Extremely good point. I think that would easily be within our realm too. Whether it be with mind-control or liquidation, I don't think there's any other choice....Massachusetts will reign supreme in the nation. Brains over Brawn as they say!

Old 10-16-2009, 05:31 AM

776 posts, read 1,271,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
I wonder what states would seek outside help?

Would Hawaii go back to Japan?

Would Minnesota and Wisconsin dissolve into Canada?
Alaka--with all the natural resources (read: oil) and small population--would most certainly side with a foreign protector. Maybe Germany or even China?

Old 10-16-2009, 05:35 AM

I think it would come down to Texas and California. Sure, New York and Florida have large populations. But I don't think NY/Fla's industrial base is as well developed as Tex/Cal.

Texas and Cali would both fare pretty well as independent countries. Prolly either could defeat most of the world's nations in a war.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:47 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,563,243 times
Michigan clearly comes out on top.

Why?

We have 15% unemployment right now, and most of that 15% is comprised of males with no college education. A lot of them are big-time hunters.

What do you think they all are doing as we speak?

Preparing for WAR!!!!!

The Michigan Army is light years ahead of the rest of you punks. We've been in a depression for a decade already and we've been a little bored. So we started a huge army.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post
Michigan clearly comes out on top.

Why?

We have 15% unemployment right now, and most of that 15% is comprised of males with no college education. A lot of them are big-time hunters.

What do you think they all are doing as we speak?

Preparing for WAR!!!!!

The Michigan Army is light years ahead of the rest of you punks. We've been in a depression for a decade already and we've been a little bored. So we started a huge army.
Funniest. Post. Evar!

I have to admit, the prospect of several hundred thousand disgruntled deer hunters is a bit frightening.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:08 AM

26,826 posts, read 43,300,897 times
Delaware!

Old 10-16-2009, 08:40 AM

36,628 posts, read 67,158,658 times
This is an interesting question.

Now that I think about it, California is damn near impregnible from Eastern Invasion. The Rocky Mountains, Great Basin, Deserts and Sierra Nevada combine to serve a what? a 1,000 mile buffer between California's 2 major population agglomerations and the major powers of the East.

Also, I just looked at Census Bureau stats. We have 3.5 Million Males aged 18-29. Yikes.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:41 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,603,800 times
Texas. They have the oil wells, gasoline refineries, domestic agriculture, and they have the military bases. They also have a self-sufficient mentality and a culture that oughta be well-suited for this sort of thing.

California would be in chaos.

Alaska and much of the small, urban northeastern states would starve.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:59 AM

36,628 posts, read 67,158,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Texas. They have the oil wells, gasoline refineries, domestic agriculture, and they have the military bases. They also have a self-sufficient mentality and a culture that oughta be well-suited for this sort of thing.
California has a much bigger agriculture industry than Texas. Like almost twice as big.
http://stuffaboutstates.com/agriculture/index.html

Quote:
California would be in chaos.
California is better positioned to be self sufficient than any other state.

Quote:
Alaska and much of the small, urban northeastern states would starve.
Alaska has more oil than Texas and less people than Hawaii. Something tells me they'd be sitting pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.