Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 07:41 PM

18 posts, read 41,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
Would Latino and white be considered interracial? Because Latino is not a race, but I still see people use it in this context. So is it mixed, or would you include it in that term because it is a mix of cultures maybe?
in wich part of Usa do you live?
do you agree with me that in Usa latin guys/black girls couples are the most common form of interracial relationship involving black women while the rarest is black girls/white american guys ones?

Old 10-16-2009, 08:17 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,564,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwxyz View Post
in wich part of Usa do you live?
do you agree with me that in Usa latin guys/black girls couples are the most common form of interracial relationship involving black women while the rarest is black girls/white american guys ones?
Hi there, I'm in a part of the country where there are plenty of latinos. I have noticed them dating more blacks and where I am I do see more black males with white females than the other way, but I really have no clue if black females/white males are the rarest couple. You know, I've noticed things, never really thought about it too much, but interesting.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:51 PM

4,552 posts, read 14,982,594 times
I think I have only seen maybe 2 couples ever that were black female/white male.

around here thought it probably is more common to see a black man and a white woman as a couple than a black/black couple.

although it probably is more common to see a hispanic female/black man, they usually get some hot looking Spanish girls, matter of fact I was checking out this black guys hot little Spanish girl today.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:30 PM

18,930 posts, read 43,274,714 times
Maybe it's because white men and black women don't often find each other attractive? I have known many white women who were attracted to black men, but I don't think I have ever known a white man that is attracted to black women.

Body types may play a role here, white men are typically attracted to slim/petite type women, which is why white/asian relationships are more common.

(I'm not saying there are no petite black women out there, but black women in general are more "shapely")

Old 10-17-2009, 06:48 AM

18 posts, read 41,164 times
so its true that black girls/white american guys couples still don't exist in LA and Usa in general?

Old 10-17-2009, 11:40 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,465,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwxyz View Post
so its true that black girls/white american guys couples still don't exist in LA and Usa in general?
Seeing as I've named a personal and a celebrity example, plus statistics of 100,000 people being in a marriage like that, that should be enough to show they exist.

Still possibly you need more.

A Black Woman Speaks About Her Marriage to a White Man - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

BlackNews.com - Could Mr. Right Be White? More Black Women Think So (http://www.blacknews.com/pr/black_women_dating_white_men101.html - broken link)

Racial statement by black mayor's white husband in Fl. may lead to election loss | Jet | Find Articles at BNET

(She did in fact lose)

http://www.census.gov/population/soc...terractab1.txt

Venus Williams's boyfriend, or fiance I read different things, is Hank Kuehne who is white.

PGATOUR.com - Hank Kuehne's Official Profile

It's not common but "doesn't exist" is clearly wrong.

Last edited by Thomas R.; 10-17-2009 at 11:51 AM..

Old 10-17-2009, 12:01 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,762,452 times
It's not abundant, but it's not a shocker to see it in my area.
And a side not, I barely to almost never see black women with Asian or Spanish men. I see the bw/wm couples more often.

Maybe it's because I'm young, and the generation is more tolerant when it comes to that kind of stuff, but white men and black women dating is definitely not a shocker to see anymore.

But I think it's safe to say that black women are the least likely to date out of their own race than any other race/gender.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:12 PM

4,382 posts, read 16,720,255 times
Where i live (metro Baltimore Washington), its not socking at all. I currently have 2 white friends with black girlfriends

Old 10-17-2009, 12:41 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,256,354 times
A Black & Hispanic couple is the most common interracial dating I see. I see plenty of Black Girls with Hispanic Guys and I see plenty of Hispanic Girls with Black Guys. Here Blacks & Hispanics live in the same neighborhoods, there's a lot of similarities between the two, they get along great (unlike a lot of other places in the US), etc.

Although its rare (for me) to see a Black Woman with a White Man its not rare for me to see a Black Girl with a White Boy, times are changing and in this generation people don't really care about race.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:23 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,198,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Maybe it's because white men and black women don't often find each other attractive? I have known many white women who were attracted to black men, but I don't think I have ever known a white man that is attracted to black women.

Body types may play a role here, white men are typically attracted to slim/petite type women, which is why white/asian relationships are more common.

(I'm not saying there are no petite black women out there, but black women in general are more "shapely")
The media generally holds up white women (models, etc.) as the ideal form of feminine beauty and black males (athletes, etc,) as the ideal of masculine beauty.

Thus I am not surprised that White Woman/Black man is the dominant form of interracial couple.

ABQConvict
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.