Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 12:16 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,655,088 times

Advertisements

No is not rare. In military cities or in big cities is not hard to find interracial couples. You have lived in NYC and you never saw interacial couples wow I'm surprised, maybe you did not spend enough time in NYC lol.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:18 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,965,157 times
ooh, found one on Amazing Race!

Old 10-20-2009, 03:56 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,445,585 times
Dead thread, but I can't believe I forgot Roger Ebert and his wife.

http://l.yimg.com/eb/ymv/us/img/hv/p...t/afi2004g.jpg

Old 10-20-2009, 04:06 AM

871 posts, read 1,624,080 times
oh gee, this is not that hard to figure out.

california is a different world altogether, especially la. and even the current demographics of dating relationships have changed from the past. you may see more asian male /nonasian relationships now than before as well as black female/nonblack etc.

but overall bm/wf or wm/af or bm/af is more common in america.

the traditional roles of men was to be appear to be most masculine and black males fit that aspect, whites in the middle and asian males the least. (american society)

the traditional roles of women was to appear to be feminine or more submissive, white and asian women fit this perspective and black females the least.

then, it's no surprise that bf/am etc are the least likely (they don't even fit) but bm/wf or bm/af or wm/af are the most prevalent.

Last edited by rory00; 10-20-2009 at 04:49 AM..

Old 10-20-2009, 06:40 AM

1 posts, read 7,889 times
rory00 do you live in LA? is it true that here black girls date a lot of hispanic and sometimes asian and foreign born white guys but never white american ones?
i ask cause i live in city of LA and i see a lot of black girls dating latinos and some asian guys, i also heard that some blk girls date foreign born white guys but never seen a bf/wm couple in general and never heard or seen a black woman dating white american guy.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:25 PM

22 posts, read 87,848 times
ok let me break this down for ya VWXYZ now TUV8, Interracial relationships with black women and white american men are quite common. See it often here in Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Chicago and to be honest even in smaller towns. It's not a city thing at all. As somone who is white and gay I only date black or latino men once in awhile asian or native. I had to opportunity to help out my sister in San Diego for a couple months this summer and was in LA visiting as well and It does exist there.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:22 AM

1 posts, read 7,673 times
I'm a black female and I'm married to a white guy, and we're having our first child this spring. We live in L.A. where it's very common.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:37 PM

62 posts, read 123,933 times
oh gee, this is not that hard to figure out.

california is a different world altogether, especially la. and even the current demographics of dating relationships have changed from the past. you may see more asian male /nonasian relationships now than before as well as black female/nonblack etc.

but overall bm/wf or wm/af or bm/af is more common in america.

the traditional roles of men was to be appear to be most masculine and black males fit that aspect, whites in the middle and asian males the least. (american society)

the traditional roles of women was to appear to be feminine or more submissive, white and asian women fit this perspective and black females the least.

then, it's no surprise that bf/am etc are the least likely (they don't even fit) but bm/wf or bm/af or wm/af are the most prevalent.

@ Rory
So in other words black women are masculine and Asian men are feminine?

What's pathetic is that Americans are dumb enough to believe this.

WTF is wrong with people like you?

Old 10-22-2009, 09:46 PM

12 posts, read 183,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwxyz View Post
oldisnew do you live in LA? maybe ,do you ever seen a black girl dating a white american guy? i absolutely dont think so .
lol, you can think whatever you want dearest, but yes, I have lived in L.A. County before [twenty years, on and off_did travel a lot but my base _home ownership_ was the county] and did see an EVER-growing amount of black/white pairings [each way_boy-girl, girl-boy, boy-boy, girl-girl for that matter...] as well as asian/white pairings. When I first arrived, January of 1988 there wasn't any, really that I remember spotting in a crowd. But surely, things have changed my dear. I suggest you get used to it ;~).

Also, Gabriel Aubry being Canadian only means he is from some "american suburbs of sorts" as I see it. In other words, Canada is barely another country... And I have seen white boy black gurl in NYC AND Chicago too.

Maybe you need to be out of the house some more, perhaps? No offense.
It's 2010 approaching.............
Attached Thumbnails
Are black girl/white guy couples the rarest form of interracial relationship in the USA?-2halleberryrex_468x660.jpg  

Old 10-22-2009, 09:51 PM

12 posts, read 183,689 times
@ Rory00: I know it! OMG what a bunch of crooked crock Gee!! It's even funny, sooooo *dark ages*...pew. I just hope you're not the 6-foot-11, 240-pound senior center Rory O'Neil, USC circa 2004-5 *sigh* 'cuz I was a huge fan and would be so disappointed by this (floor seats @ pac10 Staples center was always a must).

Last edited by oldisnew; 10-22-2009 at 10:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.