Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 10:09 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,445,585 times

Advertisements

You know I'm almost wondering if he's a white guy who got turned down by a black woman so to ease his pride he's decided "they just don't date white guys." Granted that's unfair, but the insistence at this point is weird.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:24 PM

12 posts, read 183,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Some of this seems new. If you look at the census in 1960 white/black relationships were even or even slightly more likely to be white-man/black-woman. I know in my Dad's generation, in the South, white guys having black mistresses was much less surprising than white women having a black guy. I wouldn't say it was approved of exactly, but the "purity of white women" was more the issue for them. Also a white guy could more easily deny any children produced in such dalliances. Go back to slavery and that's even more true. There actually were slave men who had relations with a female member of the master's family (in one seventeenth century case a black male slave apparently had relations with his male Master, but that's a different thing) but that was way way more discouraged.

Of course the white-guy/black-gal relationships of those days often had a bit of a power-disparity. I imagine many of the white guys who got into them were quite racist, Strom Thurmond was at least somewhat racist when he had his affair with a black woman. I almost wonder if maybe that left a bit of a "tainted image" to that combination at least in some places.
Thomas Jefferson LVED black women [albeit the general denial], so much so that he could not get enough of France, and yes, the good ol' USA was populated partly by white masters knocking up their african slaves. Lots of people in this country who look white will be VERY surprized, maybe horrified to find out they have some black in them, oh but they will. All they have to do is check...nough said...

Old 12-06-2009, 02:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,837 times
I am a white man who is in an interracial relationship with a very beautiful black woman. Existential philosopical issues aside, I am sure that both of us, in fact, do exist. Therefore your entire argument is invalid. Please go back to trollsville.

Old 12-06-2009, 02:49 PM

61,290 posts, read 87,066,921 times
i dont know how rare but definitely pretty happy, and low divorce risk.
let he who can hit the ball step up to the plate.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:41 PM

14 posts, read 37,881 times
Are you interested in dating white men? Is that why you keep asking this question over and over? In answer to your question, there are black women in LA who date white American born men. In fact, I'm a black woman in the suburbs of LA who is married to an American born white male. And I too lived in the DC/MD area and dated white men while living there. What area of LA do you live in? If you're in a predominantly black area, I doubt if you'll see many bw/wm but you will see them. I see them all the time and even am friends with two couples where the woman is black and the man is white.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:02 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,624,848 times
I believe that the gay Asian and African couples are actually the rarest form of interracial relationships in the US.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
I believe that the gay Asian and African couples are actually the rarest form of interracial relationships in the US.
Well if we throw gay into the mix that might be the rarest. Maybe American Indian/African-American lesbian couples would be as rare or rarer.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:16 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,756,157 times
What about pygmy males (average 4'11") and dinka females? (average 6'2") lol

Old 12-09-2009, 06:28 AM

Well if we go globally a mix of Sentinelese with...well just about anyone might be the rarest. (The Sentinelese have been deemed the "world's most reclusive people" and they were the ones who threw spears at people during the tsunami because they fear the influence of visitors) I guess Sentinelese/Korubo would be particularly impossible as the Korubo are an isolationist tribe who minimize contact with the outside world and the Korubo live in Brazil rather than Asia.

Survival comes first for the last Stone Age tribe world | World news | The Observer
Out of Time | Travel | Smithsonian Magazine

If those two don't count as races I'd guess Bushman(San) mixed with Australian Aboriginal would be nearly unheard of, if not outright unheard of, in history. (Both those groups are "races" if we wish to use the term "race" at all) Interestingly I think there may have been a few Australian Aborigines who came to the US for work or art or something. So if you put them in the equation Aboriginal with South Asian would likely be very rare in this country.

Last edited by Thomas R.; 12-09-2009 at 06:43 AM..

Old 12-09-2009, 08:16 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,941,720 times
Racial topics have too many hot-buttons to be permitted to drift about aimlessly. This one has drifted too far from the original topic and is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.