Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2011, 08:34 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,373,029 times

Advertisements

I would say in the Metro Detroit area, that I have met or know would be Arab/Black. The oddest part to me is its usually Arab man/Black woman. I've met a couple who have children. With black males here its usually the typical white or hispanic woman. I've never seen a black male with an Arab woman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 08:45 PM

2,534 posts, read 2,245,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
I would say in the Metro Detroit area, that I have met or know would be Arab/Black. The oddest part to me is its usually Arab man/Black woman. I've met a couple who have children. With black males here its usually the typical white or hispanic woman. I've never seen a black male with an Arab woman
I know of Arab/Chaldean men & black women but not Hispanic and black. That's unusual since most Hispanics are regulated to the smallest part of Detroit's southwest side.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookup138 View Post
I know of Arab/Chaldean men & black women but not Hispanic and black. That's unusual since most Hispanics are regulated to the smallest part of Detroit's southwest side.
most, and most of them being Mexican. There are some PR and DR living in southwest and other areas of Detroit and southwest has some of everybody. Most of the half AA/half hispanic people I know are either DR or PR. But when I said black men with hispanic women I was mainly talking about them. I have seen one or two with Mexican women and also a couple of black women/PR or DR men mixes too. Matter of fact the black/DR or PR people I know are products of black woman/hispanic man. either way it go, depending on what the parent looks like I kind of don't see that as a "mix" per se

but yea its really beginning to not be such a rarity of the Arab/Chaldean men and black women in the city. I've seen plenty this past summer. A girl I grew up with is currently pregnant with her Lebanese boyfriends baby

*the girl from the show Parenthood who played the older sister, Ragen Gomez I believe, she is a PR/Black from southwest

Old 01-04-2011, 10:11 PM

2,534 posts, read 2,245,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
most, and most of them being Mexican. There are some PR and DR living in southwest and other areas of Detroit and southwest has some of everybody. Most of the half AA/half hispanic people I know are either DR or PR. But when I said black men with hispanic women I was mainly talking about them. I have seen one or two with Mexican women and also a couple of black women/PR or DR men mixes too. Matter of fact the black/DR or PR people I know are products of black woman/hispanic man. either way it go, depending on what the parent looks like I kind of don't see that as a "mix" per se

but yea its really beginning to not be such a rarity of the Arab/Chaldean men and black women in the city. I've seen plenty this past summer. A girl I grew up with is currently pregnant with her Lebanese boyfriends baby

*the girl from the show Parenthood who played the older sister, Ragen Gomez I believe, she is a PR/Black from southwest
Oh you are referring to the PR/DR blacks and AA... well yes that counts too I guess. But you won't find them living downtown, eastside, westside, north and northern suburbs though. They are primarily in southwest Detroit Downriver south of the airport area and all that. I used to wonder why they didn't branch out and live in the city like other foreigners would.

I have yet to see Asian/AA mix though. Not just Detroit, Illinois and GA but elsewhere. Now that would be unusual.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:15 PM

963 posts, read 2,399,212 times
I'm black. I have two half-Irish, one half-Mexican, and one half-Korean cousin.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookup138 View Post
Oh you are referring to the PR/DR blacks and AA... well yes that counts too I guess. But you won't find them living downtown, eastside, westside, north and northern suburbs though. They are primarily in southwest Detroit Downriver south of the airport area and all that. I used to wonder why they didn't branch out and live in the city like other foreigners would.

I have yet to see Asian/AA mix though. Not just Detroit, Illinois and GA but elsewhere. Now that would be unusual.
not with PR or DR. Don't forget some PR and DR are racially no different than AA. You'd have to ask what they were sometimes. The DR and PR I know (well the half ones) both parents are from the Eastside. One I went to school with parents were from the westside. Its Mexicans you won't meet outside of southwest really.

The girls who used to do my nails are Korean/Black. I just saw, for the first time Asian guy/black woman couple NYE

Old 01-10-2011, 01:48 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,520,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Lenny Kravitz is half African-American and half Russian Jewish.

Half Bahamian, half Russian Jewish.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:21 PM

72,797 posts, read 62,106,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Half Bahamian, half Russian Jewish.
My mistake.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:11 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,520,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I know a guy who is of Jamaican descent(though born in the USA). He has African, Chinese, and German ancestry. So it's not uncommon to find persons with African and Asian roots.
My grandfather, from Cuba, is part Chinese (and Haitian and Canary Islander).

Old 01-10-2011, 10:02 PM

7,646 posts, read 18,046,263 times
1/4 !Kung (Bushmen tribe)
1/4 Inuit
1/4 Australian Aborigine
1/4 Sentinelese

Now that would be interesting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.