Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 02:29 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,817,095 times

Advertisements

Same County all my life

I was born in Teaneck, but live in the town bordering east of Teaneck in Hackensack, but before Hackensack was a town bordering the west side of Hackensack (Lodi).. so basically, yea.

And for my next move which is in July-August, I hopefully will get a little bit farther. (In the same state)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 08:29 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,523,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I've lived in several places and I'm glad I have. I like the experience of moving to different places.

How about you?
I have lived in three different cities so far.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:34 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,513,296 times
In the big picture yes, have never been out of the troposphere.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:08 PM

1,845 posts, read 6,854,845 times
No I have lived in a few different cities. I've traveled quite a few places some outside of the USA.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:26 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
I've always lived in Texas, and have spent 32 of my 47 years in Corpus Christi, having left town to go to school and work in a couple of different cities. I also spent 6 months in Lima, Peru.

I probably wouldn't be here now if it weren't for my elderly mother. I'm not going to leave her, and I can't see packing her up and moving her anywhere at this point, either. As many have said, there are pros and cons to moving around and to staying in one spot. I have friends I've made in the last 5- 0 years as well as people I've known, literally, my entire life. I find that comforting in a way.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:11 PM

148 posts, read 290,790 times
I was born in New Jersey. I have lived in New York State, Florida, New Orleans, various parts of CA, the Rio Grande valley of TX, Missouri, northern Louisiana, Magnolia Arkansas, Fayetteville Arkansas (also studied in Germany), Dallas TX, New Hampshire, and currently Hampton Roads area, Virginia. In February 2010 we're heading to the Denver CO area. No, we're not a military family . We're nomads!

I don't really have a 'home town', since I've traveled around so much. While I don't actually enjoy the process of moving, I relish the opportunity to live in a new part of the country. I must say, of the places I remember living, the two I liked the least were/are northern Louisiana (Shreveport/Bossier) and Virginia. As a self-described Yankee, I have been unable to find a southern city other than Dallas that I actually enjoyed living in.

My husband has been in New York, HotSprings and Fayetteville Arkansas (GO HOGS!), Dallas, New Hampshire, Virginia, and upcoming, Denver Colorado. He says moving sucks, but being there is great.

My mother has lived in New Orleans Louisiana, Wyoming, Omaha Nebraska, New York City, a few cities in California, Philadelphia, Chillicothe/Kansas City/St. Louis Missouri, New Jersey, Dallas, New Hampshire, and Virginia. She considers herself a pioneer woman who can adjust to just about any locale.

Living in several places has been beneficial for us, as we've grown much more than if we had lived in one place. We highly recommend it (as long as you get help with moving! )

Last edited by DallasYankee; 11-01-2009 at 08:40 PM..

Old 11-01-2009, 09:44 PM

46 posts, read 154,383 times
I live in Mississippi most of my life except for summers with distant family in Indianapolis Metro Area throughout my childhood and teen years, 7 years in Missouri, and 2 years in Orlando, Florida.

I will be moving to Madison, Wisconsin to attend the University of Wisconsin Graduate School. It's the Midwest that I truly love so I can't wait to be back there!

Old 11-02-2009, 09:34 AM

2,015 posts, read 3,380,668 times
Ummm....no. Navy brat - MI (4 yrs)--> TN (1 yr) --> MA (3 yrs) --> FL (4 yrs) --> MI (26 yrs)--> TN (10 yrs)--> Scotland (7 yrs)--> Uganda (2 yrs)--> Scotland - one month--> hopefully, about 30 more years.

Not moving again. Ever.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:43 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,958,879 times
I've lived in Georgia most of my life, my family being from here, but we lived all over while my dad chased his P.H.D.

Fayetteville, Georgia
Fairburn, Georgia
Orlando, Florida
Williamstown, Kentucky
Miamisburg, Ohio
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Madison, Wisconsin
Northfield, Minnesota
Rome, Georgia

Old 11-02-2009, 09:53 AM

867 posts, read 2,139,882 times
I've moved once from one state to this one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.