Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 10:19 AM

2,015 posts, read 3,369,940 times

Advertisements

My longest time on one flight is 15 hours and I'm about to embark on the same trip next week. Glasgow to Dubai about 8 hours, overnight in Dubai, then 15 hours to Melbourne. Ack! Although it's not as bad since we take Emirates, my very favourite airline!

The first time I did that flight it was 24 hours with only about an hour or so in between flights. It was pure torture. I would have given my first born to lie down on a bed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 10:26 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,605,025 times
Ive flown:

Los Angeles-Singapore 17.5 hours
Los Angeles-Hong Kong 15 hours
Los Angeles Sydney 14 hours
Dallas/Fort Worth-Seoul 14.5 hours
Los Angeles-Moscow 13 hours

Those are my longest flights.

You just get used to spending all that time up there. Its not really that big of a deal to me. I have to fly all the time for work, so its no biggie.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:29 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,082,245 times
When we lived in Indonesia and came back home to the States every year, trans-Pac flights seemed like no big deal. International carriers tend to be more comfy, I have noticed.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:44 AM

We use the same airline - Emirates - so we earn airmiles and have flown business class a few times and will be doing so on this upcoming trip. Whole different thing. I don't look at my watch every hour like in cattle class.

Also flew Entebbe to Toronto and the leg from Dubai to Toronto was 14 or 15 hours.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:56 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,733,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrconfusion87 View Post
Well matters are helped if you're flying a non-US airline! American airlines are notorious for bad in-flight service and many Americans who have taken foreign airlines, especially Asian and European airlines, would NEVER want to fly a US-based airline anymore!
It depends on how you are flying...my flight to London on British Airways in coach wasn't nearly as pleasant as my flight to London on American Airlines in first class.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
It depends on how you are flying...my flight to London on British Airways in coach wasn't nearly as pleasant as my flight to London on American Airlines in first class.
Well, DUH!

Old 11-02-2009, 02:44 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,733,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinscotland View Post
Well, DUH!
The point being...flight attendant service on the American flight was far superior to that of the British Airways flight. Coach or first-class aside, it all depends on the individual flight attendant.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:12 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,605,025 times
Quote:
The point being...flight attendant service on the American flight was far superior to that of the British Airways flight. Coach or first-class aside, it all depends on the individual flight attendant.
I flew DFW-London (Heathrow)-Mexico City-DFW on British Airways last week for meetings in London and Mexico City. I love BA. Great service. But most of the time I fly American.

American Airlines is SOOOO hit or miss. I have had the best service in the world on American and I have had the worst service in the world on American. Dallas, LA, and Chicago crews are better, NYC and Miami based crews are the pits in my experiance.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
I've flown business a few times and the flight attendants treated us like royalty. I've been treated badly, very well and everything in between in cattle class, but never like royalty. Even Emirates which is my favourite has the best staff ever but there is a difference between cattle and business class in the attention you get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.