Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 06:45 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,084,378 times

Advertisements

A single day on a Michigan summer makes up for the entire winter season.

Not that I mind the winter, I love the cold and snow. If it weren't for my girl, I'd probably live in Alaska :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 07:00 PM

15 posts, read 32,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaNightmare View Post
humid summers and freezing winters are foreign things to most Californians
That's too bad. Must get sick of the monotony

Old 05-24-2010, 07:55 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,508,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota_Love View Post
That's too bad. Must get sick of the monotony
My thoughts exactly, I love the variance in a four season climate.
Tired of that scorching sun and sweating all the time? Don't worry, it's gonna get cooler and cooler till it snows and you're tossing snowballs and sledding on trash can lids lol. Getting sick of the snow? Soon enough you'll be tanning by the pool or on the beach again. You get the best of both worlds, I just love it.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:21 PM

12,082 posts, read 38,718,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missRoxyhart View Post
My thoughts exactly, I love the variance in a four season climate.
Tired of that scorching sun and sweating all the time? Don't worry, it's gonna get cooler and cooler till it snows and you're tossing snowballs and sledding on trash can lids lol. Getting sick of the snow? Soon enough you'll be tanning by the pool or on the beach again. You get the best of both worlds, I just love it.
So true. Today was 88 and sunny with people tanning on the beach, and just 3 months ago we were sledding and skiing in fresh snow and 33 degrees. I've tried the whole "no winter" bit and it just isn't for me personally. The water temp was only 5 degrees cooler than the water off LA today, and in a few weeks it will be warmer.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:29 AM

43 posts, read 81,522 times
keep telling yourself a lake is like an ocean...

variation is good.... but is humidity comfortable when you can barely breathe?? freezing temps are comfortable?? uhhh no.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:41 AM

12,082 posts, read 38,718,847 times
Quote:
Never said it was, you brought it up just now. I said that it is nice to swim in and was only a couple degrees cooler than the water off LA yesterday.

Quote:
variation is good.... but is humidity comfortable when you can barely breathe?? freezing temps are comfortable?? uhhh no.
Humidity isn't bad where I am, and yes freezing temps ARE more comfortable than 90+ days for some of us. You should stop spewing the stereotypical answers and stick to something you have a clue about.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:09 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,131,809 times
Quote:

When youre staning on a pristine sand dune 500' above Lake Michigan and looking out at the seemingly endless water, there's no difference than looking at the ocean. Well, theres no shark fins breaking the surface on Lake Michigan, so I guess there is some differences.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:42 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,069,949 times
Quote:

Yeah - but what areas in the country have BOTH? The upper midwest gets the cold, but the summers aren't really hot nor humid except for random heatwaves a few times a year.

The south gets all the humidity and heat, but they don't have the terrible cold temps except for random cold snaps in the upper south (just like the heatwaves up north).

Old 05-26-2010, 07:01 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,508,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Yeah - but what areas in the country have BOTH? The upper midwest gets the cold, but the summers aren't really hot nor humid except for random heatwaves a few times a year.

The south gets all the humidity and heat, but they don't have the terrible cold temps except for random cold snaps in the upper south (just like the heatwaves up north).
The Northeast gets both, well lower New England at the least, and I do love it so.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:25 PM

9,436 posts, read 10,713,932 times
Quote:

I live in Michigan and we never tell ourselves the lakes are like an ocean. They are unique, and unless youve seen them you cannot appreciate what they offer. Are they cold? youbetcha they are. Are they stunningly beautiful? yes. You can walk miles and miles of undeveloped sandy beach. No high rises, alot less houses, alot less Mcmansions. Great Lakes= midwest version of the redneck riviera lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.