Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 08:21 AM

37 posts, read 117,829 times

Advertisements

I have read several reports on best places to live for families generated by CNN, Forbes, MSN etc. and the reports provide useful information on various places. However, I would like to hear from people first hand why they live where they live with their families and what makes their city or town a good place to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 09:55 AM

92,004 posts, read 122,107,559 times
Well, I think my area has good schools, is generally safe, is in a good location in relation to things to do, plenty of parks and things for families to be involved in. Here's some good publications for families in the area: Syracuse Parent and CNY Family
Family Times is an award-winning magazine with staff-written news, feature stories and artwork that inform and inspire Central New York parents and their children. - Home

Old 11-03-2009, 09:56 AM

12,082 posts, read 38,704,557 times
Why I am where we are. Actually could have moved anyplace we anted because of our jobs and chose here because of the following:
1) Quality of school system
2) Attitude of the town
3) Income from our jobs (DW is an RN, I'm an Electrician)
4) Location
5) Cost of Living
6) Housing price/value
7) Weather
8) Quality and variety of Colleges and Universities close by.

For us personally this is the perfect place for us. For others it may not be, but we really don't mind if somebody else may not like it here or agree with our choice. It fits us better than the MANY other places we looked all over the Country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.