Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2016, 08:15 AM

346 posts, read 537,597 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I love going on vacation and doing new things, yet the majority of my vacations in life have been to Florida or east coast beaches. I keep saying I'm going to expand my horizons but time is going by and waiting for my friends or family to agree on a non-Florida vacation is taking too long, so I've decided to take a trip this October by myself.

Im thinking of leaving on Friday and returning on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

I want to go somewhere different than Pittsburgh or Florida but still keep it on the cheap relatively.

Places I'm interested in.

Denver
Portland
Seattle
Austin
San Deigo
New Orleans
Chicago
Nashville
Memphis
Dallas
Atlanta

I'm open to other suggestions.. I want to fly and I'd like to stay in the downtown area of a city or close by. Ideally I'd stay somewhere where I could use public transportation and or walk for most of my destinations. I wouldn't mind ubering but are any cities simply not doable without a car?

Basically just looking for all/any input from Solo travelers.. experiences, recommendations, warnings, tips...

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 08:40 AM

676 posts, read 962,446 times
Depends on your personality, but of the cities listed, I think Chicago would be one that could be best enjoyed alone. A lot of these cities are fun for nightlife in particular, but if you're solo, that might be less fun. Chicago is great for just walking around, people watching, and soaking in the atmosphere. Plus, it won't be cold yet in October.

Old 08-23-2016, 01:15 PM

100 posts, read 103,610 times
Chicago has a couple nice, fun, safe hostels in great locations where a solo adventurer can meet up with fellow travelers on the cheap. The one over near Wrigley is still very much under most peoples' radar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.