Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 06:07 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,658,081 times

Advertisements

After being on CD this long and hearing what people have to say, if you want warm weather, it seems like California is far better choice than Florida. You can still have your warm weather, and beaches, but you won't have to live with the horrible humdity of Florida. You can even have mountains and snow if you want that also. Seems like something for everybody.

I've never been to southern California, but northern California was very pretty with all the cliffs above the ocean, redwoods, etc. I would certainly pick California over Florida if I was a warm weather/beach person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 06:11 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,580,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
After being on CD this long and hearing what people have to say, if you want warm weather, it seems like California is far better choice than Florida. You can still have your warm weather, and beaches, but you won't have to live with the horrible humdity of Florida. You can even have mountains and snow if you want that also. Seems like something for everybody.

I've never been to southern California, but northern California was very pretty with all the cliffs above the ocean, redwoods, etc. I would certainly pick California over Florida if I was a warm weather/beach person.
Well that depends on where you live. Lots of places in northern California aren't exactly warm year 'round. They can range from chilly to cool to warm throughout the year, and warm isn't the same as Florida warm. There are places in the summer where it is 64 degrees in northern California. Of course the more inland you are, the warmer it gets, but that pretty good weather, imo.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:25 AM

86 posts, read 174,581 times
Ya, You could knock everything off your list and come to Florida...

Florida doesn't get warm... Florida goes from cold and makes a bee line to HOT!!! There is no where in Florida that would meet OP needs/wants..

Really just due to the heat factor, it knocks most all southern states out of the line up.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:12 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,560,868 times
I find it absolutely hilarious that people mention San Fran and So Cal for having best 4 season weather. San Francisco hits like 55 degrees in the summer, my friends were out there last summer and had to wear sweaters in July and actually hated the summer time weather SF. That is not an example of "Best 4 season weather" and Southern Cal although it is undeniably great weather, is not a good example of four seasons either, they dont even know what snow smells like in LA lol.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:37 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,876,908 times
New Jersey fits whats the OP is looking for well. No natural disasters. To find out when its going to rain you need to check... it's not like parts of VA or MD where you can count on it to rain for half an hour everyday. And we definitely have all 4 seasons. But it gets hotter than 85 in the summer and colder than 35 in the winter.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:11 AM

776 posts, read 1,672,699 times
The sweet spot might be the areas off the 101 north of the wine country in CA. Thinking a bit past Santa Rosa where you see no more palm trees on up to Ukiah. Albuquerque comes close. Virginia Beach and waterfront south of DC on the east coast but you get much more grey weather in winter and humidity in summer

Old 09-24-2010, 11:16 AM

5,509 posts, read 11,875,397 times
I'm going to go ahead and define what I feel is a 4 seasoned place:

Winter: can get below at least 32 degrees and ice/sleet/snow are at least an occassional occurance
Spring: pretty self-explanatory -- but over freezing and under 90 degrees
Summer: at LEAST 75 degrees 99% of the time
Fall: same as Spring....maybe includes leaves falling off of trees

Many cities do not have 4 seasons IMO.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:54 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
I'm going to go ahead and define what I feel is a 4 seasoned place:

Winter: can get below at least 32 degrees and ice/sleet/snow are at least an occassional occurance
Spring: pretty self-explanatory -- but over freezing and under 90 degrees
Summer: at LEAST 75 degrees 99% of the time
Fall: same as Spring....maybe includes leaves falling off of trees

Many cities do not have 4 seasons IMO.
I disagree, I'd say Philly up to Southern NH and Vermont fit this criteria. Philly down to DC fit the criteria for the most part, depending on the year (winter may be a bit warmer than what you say).

Old 09-24-2010, 02:06 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,875,397 times
Right, it's my opinion only, but just because the calander says it's winter doesn't mean you're experiencing winter weather. I don't think "winter" ever should be considered a season if the thermometer never dips below 32 degrees.....that's spring or fall to me....just my opinion though.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:34 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
Right, it's my opinion only, but just because the calander says it's winter doesn't mean you're experiencing winter weather. I don't think "winter" ever should be considered a season if the thermometer never dips below 32 degrees.....that's spring or fall to me....just my opinion though.
I hear you, I'm saying that Philly up through Southern NH and VT fits that bill for all seasons. Where I am in NJ it's below 32 most of the time then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.