Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 11:32 PM

2,316 posts, read 7,819,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee510 View Post
There isn't too many brick buildings left in SF. Actually you really won't see too many big brick buildings on the West Coast because they are very dangerous during earthquakes.

During the 1989 earthquake in SF many people were killed because of falling brick buildings.

This is what brick buildings look like after earthquakes
Also plentiful lumber and basically no clay meant wood was a cheaper way to build anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 10:24 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,926,489 times
How has St Louis not gotten mentioned more? More brick than any other city.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:39 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,005,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickmama View Post
No. As I have pointed out in a previous reply: Just go to Queens, NY. The residential part of the Borough is almost all brick and has a larger population.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:42 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,534,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickmama View Post
that's a bold statement lol

Old 12-20-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
No. As I have pointed out in a previous reply: Just go to Queens, NY. The residential part of the Borough is almost all brick and has a larger population.
yeah, the bronx is pretty "brick" as well. this is just part of the south bronx.

http://whitecenternow.com/wp-content...outh-bronx.jpg

all the boroughs are for that matter. its not like brookly lacks brick buildings..

Old 12-20-2009, 01:39 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,046,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
yeah, the bronx is pretty "brick" as well. this is just part of the south bronx.

http://whitecenternow.com/wp-content...outh-bronx.jpg

all the boroughs are for that matter. its not like brookly lacks brick buildings..
Kinda off topic....but those are some of the worst projects in the country. I been there only once, and it was like a death trap. Ugh, you brought back alot of bad memories.

Yea but back on topic....most of nyc is brick...from projects, to apartment buildings, to houses etcc

Old 12-20-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Kinda off topic....but those are some of the worst projects in the country. I been there only once, and it was like a death trap. Ugh, you brought back alot of bad memories.

Yea but back on topic....most of nyc is brick...from projects, to apartment buildings, to houses etcc

sorry about that . i was trying to find a pic with a good angle of co-op city to drive my point home, but there weren't any good ones.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:15 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,005,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
sorry about that . i was trying to find a pic with a good angle of co-op city to drive my point home, but there weren't any good ones.
Even the best pix of coop city is a bad picture.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
Even the best pix of coop city is a bad picture.
true lol. the closest i could find is this one, but it still looks more majestic "brick-wise" when driving down 95. hardly a pretty sight though...

http://www.bridgeandtunnelclub.com/b.../02parkway.jpg

Old 12-20-2009, 02:35 PM

49 posts, read 157,526 times
Newark is called the "Brick City" however anyone who has been there knows that most of the city isn't brick. For instance, most of the housing is made from wood. New York, Philadelphia, and maybe Baltimore are way more brick based cities than Newark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.