Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 07:19 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,008,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
Hate that for you!

This nation has so many places I'd like to see, but, like most, funds and time kind of limit that.

I've come to the conclusion I'd need roughly 12 lifetimes to see and do all the things I'd like to...
I know, and I was planning this whole thing out since March! And it was the plane ticket (for 1, me) and the rental car that did the whole plan in. And the worst part is nobody would help me out, and because I know nobody out there, I was even called naive!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 08:24 AM

3,169 posts, read 5,163,215 times
Vicksburg, MS.
Oxford, MS

Old 12-28-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
I know, and I was planning this whole thing out since March! And it was the plane ticket (for 1, me) and the rental car that did the whole plan in. And the worst part is nobody would help me out, and because I know nobody out there, I was even called naive!
Hold on! I may have spoken too soon! I could still go to Jackson and venture to Vicksburg and such at a lower price in some places. We shall see.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:30 PM

Default There has been Compromise!

I'm still going to Mississippi! It will be 4 days instead of 5 however I will see if I can make it a little longer, and it will mostly center on the whole Vicksburg, Natchez, Raymond, Port Gibson region!

Old 12-31-2009, 06:51 PM

386 posts, read 986,703 times
Central Virginia. I know it is upper south (gateway to the south) and far from the deep south but many Civil War battlefields and information are found throughout the state. Richmond has the Confederate whitehouse and other confederate capital memorials throughout the city while Appomatox VA has memorials for where the Civil war ended.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:22 PM

Some of the stops will be battlefields and plantation homes.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:49 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,638,103 times
Quote:
Some of the stops will be battlefields and plantation homes.
I'm in southeastern LA now, Desert Kid, and this is still one of the best areas of the South to see if you fancy old history; grand plantation homes, a great civil war museum, and a sense of living history in everything right down to the people.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
I'm in southeastern LA now, Desert Kid, and this is still one of the best areas of the South to see if you fancy old history; grand plantation homes, a great civil war museum, and a sense of living history in everything right down to the people.
Nice to hear from you again, and to see you are enjoying your trip, where exactly did you go? For the Civil War museum and stuff. So how was everything during your adventure overall?

Since you last posted here before new years, my trip plans went to hell and back, survived and went through revisions, but it is going to happen. It will mostly center on Southwestern Mississippi and a small chunk of northeastern Louisiana and a little bit of central Mississippi. The only real thing I'm worried with is the weather (humidity) and travel (rent-a-cars, places to stay). Also is it worth driving the full distance? Because I am still contemplating driving and/or flying.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:15 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,503,252 times
Quote:
Nice to hear from you again, and to see you are enjoying your trip, where exactly did you go? For the Civil War museum and stuff. So how was everything during your adventure overall?

Since you last posted here before new years, my trip plans went to hell and back, survived and went through revisions, but it is going to happen. It will mostly center on Southwestern Mississippi and a small chunk of northeastern Louisiana and a little bit of central Mississippi. The only real thing I'm worried with is the weather (humidity) and travel (rent-a-cars, places to stay). Also is it worth driving the full distance? Because I am still contemplating driving and/or flying.
I'd try getting a ticket with Southwest Airlines and then renting a car. I've driven from both Oklahoma and Texas to Phoenix = long, not fun.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I'd try getting a ticket with Southwest Airlines and then renting a car. I've driven from both Oklahoma and Texas to Phoenix = long, not fun.
I kinda figured that, I had heard horror stories of the endless drive through Texas. Are you sure Southwest Airlines would be best?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.