Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 12:27 AM

367 posts, read 1,023,514 times

Advertisements

Support coordinated for stranded Arrow drivers (http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-31836-Dallas-Trucking-Examiner~y2009m12d23-Support-coordinated-for-stranded-Arrow-drivers - broken link)

If anyone is wanting to help, please go to the link and website where there is a coordinated effort to help 1400 stranded drivers get home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 12:16 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
What a shame...for the controlling powers to let this happen at this time. makes you think something else is at foot here. Is someone Trying to make a point,? use the drivers as leverage for failed negations on finance terms ? ...just a few thoughts that will have answers soon.

many companies go under , but , one so large , without notice ( or provisions for an orderly end ), is puzzling at best .

Old 12-23-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
What a shame...for the controlling powers to let this happen at this time. makes you think something else is at foot here. Is someone Trying to make a point,? use the drivers as leverage for failed negations on finance terms ? ...just a few thoughts that will have answers soon.

many companies go under , but , one so large , without notice ( or provisions for an orderly end ), is puzzling at best .

whatever the reason, there is no excuse for stranding so many. there was no warning.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:33 PM

A ll I know about Arrow Trucking is that they came out of an Oilfield background , long ago , as did many companies that started in the oil patch , and branched out from there. Many are gone now, like C &H and others , but as were most , they were faimly run, somewhat stable , and leaders in heavy haul, serving a growing industrial base across the country.
I grew up in the industry, its served me well over the years , but , this , leaves a very bad example, for the remaining to follow.
When I sold out and retired , I left no one at bay ( very small specialized company ), all drivers were paid , so were all my mom and pop suppliers. yes , I was broke , but left no one hanging , its a rotten same, at its best !

Old 12-23-2009, 12:49 PM

Just came to light in last few moments. One of my old shippers called to let me know , not everyone at Arrow is a bad apple. He had just sent out a load from Chicago, a woman in Arrow dispatch called and gave a heads up, with the drivers cell phone. The shipper called the driver and had him return the load , then paid the driver directly for his time and effort. ( he was only a few hours out at the time, yesterday )...... Thats one driver that had enough money , to get home, with or without the rig....

Old 12-23-2009, 06:56 PM

That is great to know. I know not everyone is accountable here. it is a shame. the latest I've heard is that the weigh stations in new mexico are pulling arrow trucks in and taking their keys. it just gets better.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladihawkae View Post
That is great to know. I know not everyone is accountable here. it is a shame. the latest I've heard is that the weigh stations in new mexico are pulling arrow trucks in and taking their keys. it just gets better.
If true , that is alone Shocking !.....I question the legality , but then I do not live in new mexico, a state I always considered progressive.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:13 AM

Default Please, Can anybody help these drivers?

The Trucking Community continues its effort to deliver Arrow Drivers safely home (http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-31836-Dallas-Trucking-Examiner~y2009m12d24-The-Trucking-Community-continues-its-effort-to-deliver-Arrow-Drivers-safely-home - broken link)

They need help. Churches? Anybody?

Old 12-24-2009, 06:55 PM

Default Update for Stranded Arrow Drivers

An update to the support for Stranded Arrow Drivers (http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-31836-Dallas-Trucking-Examiner~y2009m12d24-An-update-to-the-support-for-Stranded-Arrow-Drivers - broken link)

Stranded Arrow Drivers finding their way in spite of obstacles (http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-31836-Dallas-Trucking-Examiner~y2009m12d24-Stranded-Arrow-Drivers-finding-their-way-in-spite-of-obstacles - broken link)

It's working! Drivers are getting home

Old 12-25-2009, 08:24 PM

While I would think differently if I were an Arrow driver , I do understand their plite. The real battle for them starts after Christmas. Thats getting their stuff back , along with bounced paychecks , no pay for what they have and are doing ,...and , after the truck has been turned in....they have NO leverage.
I would also go as far as to say , someone , be it Arrow or their receiver, may be lookin into the money the drivers got directly from the Shippers , for delivering the load.
In all the years I was in Trucking , I have seen it all , and then some. The biggest worry we had , from managements point was a driver , leaving the truck , or hiding it, with a time senative load onboard. It happened a lot. many of the guys got so many advances on the road that the Company was always in the short side...thats when they would dissapear., often for no reason at all. It hurt us a lot being a small Carrier , to have these things happen.
This has nothing mto do with the Arrow Drivers problems directly , but , many of them should think twice before turning in their trucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.