Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2016, 01:39 AM

1 posts, read 395 times

Advertisements

I currently live with my family in a suburb of Denver, Colorado, and am taking classes at the Community College of Aurora. I am studying to go into graphic design.

I have found myself feeling restless in the Denver area, if not the whole state of Colorado, and much of the city's culture seems to revolve around weed, craft beer, outdoor activities, and the Broncos, none of which interest me very much. I'm wondering if Denver has a strong enough graphic design industry for me to consider staying, or if I should go elsewhere with opportunities in that field, educationally and when it comes to jobs, and a greater stronghold in things that interest me (food, architecture, history, museums, art), and a less dry climate (the lack of humidity can be nice, but I do dislike living in a rain shadow sometimes). I will say though that I love Denver's art museum. It might not have a lot of works by famous artists but what it does have is local flavor and good, interesting taste on the part of its curators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.