Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 10:45 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,828,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
LOL this is a very insightful post. You noted "It seemed normal to them, which was weird to me." As you may already know I grew up in the South Bronx as well. It was normal for me as well. Do you know why? Because I saw people getting beat up, and fighting every day as I was growing in the Bronx, so I just got used to it, because we grow up so entreched into that environment. So we didn't know any better. As I was growing up in the bronx I saw gangs fighting, I heard of people getting shot, etc... Many of my friends that used to go to school with me are in jail, some are dead or still in the corners selling drugs. However, some make it out of the 'hood' and some don't. I managed to go to school and do good things with my life. So, I'd say parents are the one to blame for their child to be what they are now.
Parents always aren't the ones to blame it might be the people they hang out wit like say they go outside and see lots of crackheads,drug dealers,people gettin killed or maybe when kids see ish from da outside it look cool air all the money the cars the girls most people have that mentally just like 50 cent.We both were brought up in South Jamaica alot of people know that its a its not the nicest place young men dying every two weeks its sad.alright but back on it. We both grew up there I didn't feel the need to hustle and sell drugs (except me and my siblings hustlin' at Jones Beach double dutching they were like yo that's crazy)but the we saw da same things I didn't need to sell drugs.But people on they Tv see that he's one of da richest rappers now they all wanna be like him they get on da streets and that's kids die its more da envoirment that encourages da kids.But if these kids saw what happened behind da scenes on being a drug dealer or a pimp they wouldn't want to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
OMG NYC seems so horrible. Probably one of the worst?
Ok she wasn't even hypin' it up.It happens in every hood and no hood/ghetto is da worst its all da same thing.We all tryna make out (I did)does it really matter which one is da worst

Old 09-14-2012, 11:16 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,662,572 times
At the end of the day, if a 6 year old girl can grow up there, you sure as hell as an adult man can walk there.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
At the end of the day, if a 6 year old girl can grow up there, you sure as hell as an adult man can walk there.
Thugs don't tend to mess with little kids too much

Old 09-14-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Jamaica,Queens boy View Post
Thugs don't tend to mess with little kids too much
The point is, 99% of people's problems are psychology. There is no dangerous neighborhood in the USA.

Old 09-15-2012, 12:14 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
People do exaggerate, but there are certain areas in certain cities where people get jacked regularly, day or night, on foot or even car.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
People do exaggerate, but there are certain areas in certain cities where people get jacked regularly, day or night, on foot or even car.
There are places where people get jacked more regularly than others. Like a beach and shark attacks. There are beaches in Florida where shark attacks are more common. But that doesn't mean that there is any beach you should be worried about being attacked by a shark.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:22 PM

3 posts, read 3,931 times
the most scary ghetto iv ever seen is in sweden its not like a violent but its phycing its like 60 high houses with like 20 plans and they all where exactly the same models and they are all grey the ppl there where looking at me pointing then just starred im sorry if i have wrote something wrong im realy sucks at writing couse im not form england/usa

Old 05-31-2013, 05:27 PM

3 posts, read 3,931 times
go there and you will have nightmares couse everyone looks like they are going to come and stab you and i saw a 10 year old beating another guy up with a baseball bat!!!! and some guys went to me with a hoody and said just leave and everything will be fine why do ppl never hear about this couse i think its more physcing i remmember the houses and the arabians with the crowbars that shased a kid

Old 06-01-2013, 12:52 AM

567 posts, read 1,120,160 times
A lot of it's hysteria, but there are some places where it's better to know your way around than to not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.