Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 08:35 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,549,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Cali's gotta save their econmoy somehow, and I don't think there's any gold left. california always gives droves a people a reason to move there from time to time. It colud usher in another econmic boom for california. Don't under estimate the underground economy of weed in which billions of dollars are generated annually globally.
Good points. Maybe a flood of killakoolaid wouldn't be so bad after all...who knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 10:29 PM

902 posts, read 2,776,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
If they tax it approriately, while it won't fix their problems overnight, it may save them from doing massive layoffs within the state (i.e. teachers, police, firefighters). Ironic.
Which is a great thing! Also, I read a while back that they were planning to tax at 50 dollars to the ounce or something along those lines.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:24 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,759,313 times
I'd go there more often

Old 03-27-2010, 12:18 AM

2,684 posts, read 6,863,791 times
But, but marijuana is a devastating drug, that causes people to go insane with lust, rage etc. Surely if marijuana is legalized society will fail.

Me? I'll stay in my home state and partake in the safe, legal drugs... Whiskey, Vodka and all the cigarettes I can get.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:19 AM

305 posts, read 768,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
But, but marijuana is a devastating drug, that causes people to go insane with lust, rage etc. Surely if marijuana is legalized society will fail.

Me? I'll stay in my home state and partake in the safe, legal drugs... Whiskey, Vodka and all the cigarettes I can get.
LOL, amen. Because it's un-American to take stuff that doesn't kill you.

In regards to the topic, though... please don't move out here because of just the weed. Even though things have rebounded slightly it's still not to the point where people can just 'move' out here and start anew. And I'm saying this as a person who definitely does not mind welcoming new comers into the state. Because I don't see just Americans moving here to California if this thing does pass, I see people from all over the world moving here.

I'd much rather have people who come here with a plan and live comfortably than to have those who don't have a plan at all leave California with a bad attitude, post up some slander on City-Data and then they end up getting corrected by many of the California users here on the site. Just saying.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:50 AM

795 posts, read 2,403,083 times
Denver legalized weed a few years ago and the city, state, and feds say their laws supersede the voters will. So in California if it’s a state thing the feds will still say their law supersedes state law. Of course the pot heads aren’t happy about this challenge. The only thing the city has done in Denver is make weed a low priority issue. But yeah we have up to an ounce of weed for personal use on the books. Not a whole lot has changed because of the law though. Some folks smoke openly some don’t. Some cops care and others don’t. The feds are pissed though.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:11 AM

2,032 posts, read 4,866,248 times
Sales of hacky sacks, hemp necklaces, and big red, green, and yellow hats will go through the roof.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:19 AM

264 posts, read 442,615 times
No, I would never move to a different state for that reason.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:48 AM

2,684 posts, read 6,863,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J._in_L.A. View Post
LOL, amen. Because it's un-American to take stuff that doesn't kill you.

In regards to the topic, though... please don't move out here because of just the weed.
Don't worry I don't plan on moving. I wasn't even aware weed was illegal, oops.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:41 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,892,445 times
If it's legalized in California it won't be long until other states follow suit. So you can probably hang tight in Philly and see what your options are in a few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.