Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 04:42 PM

795 posts, read 2,410,109 times

Advertisements

You can add this one too

Luxury Downtown Denver Hotel: Boutique Hotel in Denver Colorado

I personally like the old historic hotels better than the four seasons and ritz carlton we have. The best part is its haunted and what better experience than having the boogie man in your closet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 04:47 PM

8,615 posts, read 10,146,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-town 720 View Post
You can add this one too

I personally like the old historic hotels better than the four seasons and ritz carlton we have. The best part is its haunted and what better experience than having the boogie man in your closet!
Nice hotel.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:18 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,364,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-town 720 View Post
You can add this one too

Very nice! I really like the boutique hotels in rehabbed buildings too.

We have a new boutique hotel called The Ellis that has a sad past as the site of the deadliest hotel fire in American history. Back then it was called the Winecoff. Of course, it is said to be haunted.

Atlanta Hotels - The Ellis - Downtown Atlanta Georgia Hotel Room Reservations

Winecoff Hotel (http://www.winecoff.org/hotel/ - broken link)

Old 04-08-2010, 05:25 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,937,156 times
We also have the Glen Cove mansion hotel right on the water:

Long Island Hotels: Glen Cove Mansion Hotel and Conference Center New York City NY area luxury hotels spas suites romantic family vacations getaways packages weddings meetings planning Harrison House

Old 04-08-2010, 05:50 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Hotel Del Coronado is probably SD's most famous hotel as well as one of the nicest:

Hotel del Coronado – San Diego Resorts & Hotels, California Beach Resort & Spa

The Grand Del Mar is a new one that is pretty luxurious too

San Diego Resort - The Grand Del Mar

Old 04-08-2010, 06:08 PM

893 posts, read 2,863,788 times
This thread is making me want to go on a vacation!

Old 04-08-2010, 06:14 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,622,115 times
A few more here in Austin

Four Seasons Hotel Austin: A Luxury Hotel in Austin, Texas

Texas Spa Resorts & Destination Wellness Spas | Lake Austin Spa Resort | Health Spa Vacations

Austin Resorts: Lakeway Resort and Spa Lake Travis Round Rock San Marcos Texas TX area hotels resorts spas conferences centers meetings facilities facility suites rooms packages weddings beach receptions locations sites hotels near Austin Bergstrom I

Austin Hotels | Downtown Austin Luxury Hotel - Omni Hotels

Downtown Austin Hotels - Hilton Austin Hotel, TX - Texas

Downtown Austin Hotels- Hyatt Regency Austin- Texas Hotel Reservation, Accommodation

Downtown Austin Hotels | The Driskill Hotel | Historic Texas Hotels

W Hotels Austin: W Austin - Opening December 9, 2010 - Hotel Rooms at whotels

http://www.horseshoebaymarriott.com/

San Antonio

San Antonio Resorts- Hyatt Regency Hill Country- San Antonio Texas Resort, Hotel

The Westin La Cantera Resort - Home

JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country

San Antonio Riverwalk Hotel | Downtown San Antonio Hotels - La Mansion del Rio

Emily Morgan Hotel | San Antonio Hotels | 705 East Houston Street, San Antonio Texas 78205 | 210-225-5100 | Riverwalk Hotels#

San Antonio Hotels: Hotel Contessa Riverwalk Suites downtown San Antonio Texas TX area luxury resorts spas conferences centers pet friendly romantic family vacations getaways packages weddings meetings planning

Downtown San Antonio Riverwalk Hotels - San Antonio Hotels by Riverwalk

Riverwalk Hotels - Hotels on the Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas

The St. Anthony Hotel in San Antonio, TX

San Antonio Hotels Downtown San Antonio Riverwalk - Watermark Luxury Riverwalk Hotel and Spa

San Antonio Riverwalk Hotel: Hotel Valencia Riverwalk, a Luxury San Antonio Hotel

Sheraton Gunter Hotel - San Antonio, Texas - Home

http://www.grandsanantonio.hyatt.com...tels/index.jsp

Last edited by bgrn198; 04-08-2010 at 06:55 PM..

Old 04-08-2010, 06:22 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,364,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Hotel Del Coronado is probably SD's most famous hotel as well as one of the nicest:

Hotel del Coronado – San Diego Resorts & Hotels, California Beach Resort & Spa

The Grand Del Mar is a new one that is pretty luxurious too

San Diego Resort - The Grand Del Mar
LOVE the Hotel Del! The great movie classic Some Like it Hot was filmed there (I'm sure you already know this). Never stayed there, but had a couple of drinks in the great bar there once.

I was fortune enough to stay at the U.S. Grant once, another wonderful historic San Diego hotel.

Luxury Collection San Diego Hotels: THE US GRANT, San Diego - Hotel Rooms at luxury

Old 04-08-2010, 06:42 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,691,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Even IF they all looked alike, amenities such as award-winning restaurants, lounges/clubs/retail, spas, golf/tennis facilities, pools/water parks, meeting facilities, vacation packages (honeymoon, life/wellness, etc), proximity to other sites, etc...are things that set apart one hotel/resort from another even if they are a brand name.
exactly

Old 04-08-2010, 07:09 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,622,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
The Biltmore is a beauty I agree. I also believe Tucson is underrated when it comes to the wonderful resorts found there.

Yeah I haven't been out to PHX in years but I love it out there there's alot of new resorts I used to stay at Camelback,Biltmore and the Princess back when they weren't expensive and once we stayed at the Red Lion La Posada. Tucson has alot of nice resorts too only one i've been to is Westin La Paloma though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.