Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2010, 04:49 AM

24 posts, read 77,025 times

Advertisements

Hello, we are a young family currently living in the Hudson Valley of NY with an opportunity to move anywhere in the US...we like snowboarding, the beach, gardening, may want to start a wildflower farm, good schools, safe environment of course, beautiful climate (not too hot, not too cold) trying to get away from 7 months of cold out of the year, EXCELLENT QUALITY OF LIFE...WHERE WOULD YOU GO? Lived in Utah, Vermont, all over the Northeast...checking out Palm Springs areas of CA, Arizona, New Mexico for a change of scenery. Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated. Michelle

Last edited by amongwildflowers; 04-18-2010 at 05:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 09:44 AM

899 posts, read 2,942,532 times
Michelle
Hi, welcome to Oregon
I thought about what you ask and where we have lived..The Napa, Solano counties in northern ca come to mind, we spent 20 plus years after retiring from the Navy and loved it..I'm from Napa and hubby is a Long Island native, there are all the activites you ask about within 4 hours of Fairfield or Napa..The climate is easy to handle to.I go and take a long look at the area..
We now live in Salem and the Willamette Valley in Oregon and it will most definitely meet your needs.
Easy to live with winters and beautiful summers and close to every activity a family could want..The gardening is fantastic,love it ..Again if you can come out and take a long look at the area from Eugene to Portland..Inspite of what the gloomers say our winters are not that gloomy and you might see a bit of snow but nothing like your use to..Our heat wave in the summer is maybe 90 for a day or two..
Well good luck with your search

Old 04-20-2010, 12:04 PM

497 posts, read 507,843 times
Right now i'm dying to move from Hartford,CT to Birmingham,AL!!! Why because i miss the freedom of the atmosphere and the laidback way of life!! I hate the way police harass any race in CT and paying rent is normal here for youngsters!!! After Bama i'd go somewhere free like Anchorage, AK!!!!

Old 04-20-2010, 01:01 PM

21,619 posts, read 31,202,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-ham 34 View Post
I hate the way police harass any race in CT
uhm - would you rather them just harass one race?

Old 04-20-2010, 03:02 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-ham 34 View Post
Right now i'm dying to move from Hartford,CT to Birmingham,AL!!! Why because i miss the freedom of the atmosphere and the laidback way of life!! I hate the way police harass any race in CT and paying rent is normal here for youngsters!!! After Bama i'd go somewhere free like Anchorage, AK!!!!
I prefer the police that just target one demographic. This way the rest of us can sail on by.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:40 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,561,897 times
Orange County California will offer everything you are looking for:
http://www.visittheoc.com/about_oc.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.