Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 11:30 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
HEY C'MON. I'm sitting here trying to eat my boring salad because summer is coming and Rachael's posting gorgeous photos of pastrami sandwiches and you're going on about Katz's. Have a heart, will ya?????

That goes for you, too, Mike0421!
Hahaa
I just made an onion and pepper omlette sandwich on toasted potato bread
I don't have any bacon or taylor ham though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 12:18 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
West Indies Salad from in Mobile.. Lump blue crabmeat salad..

White BBQ sauce from Big Bob Gibson for Chicken

Cuban sandwich from Tampa.

Ceviche from Tampa
You are now officially on my $h*t list now for posting that while I am pondering what Uncle Ben's rice packet to mircowave.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:21 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times
Pieroges, Kielbasi, Frittadas, Capelettis, White Pizza.....from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:23 AM

11 posts, read 15,300 times
I'm from New Orleans. NOTHING is good outside my metro area! hahaha >xD

Old 05-18-2010, 11:45 AM

593 posts, read 1,762,065 times
Burritos in the San Francisco Bay Area are, IMO, the best in the world. LA has better tacos, there are several cities with better overall Mexican food in the US...BUT just considering burritos, San Francisco is tops. Nowhere else that I have tried can match the amazing flavor you get from a burrito in the mission district (or other sections of the Bay Area)

There are plenty of national-chain imitators who claim to have "Mission Style" burritos, including Chipotle, Qdoba, Taco Del Mar, etc but those all taste like inedible cardboard to me.

There are also some local chains in cities across North America trying to pull it off ("Mission Burrito" in Houston, "Anita's Taqueria" in Boston, "Mission Burrito" in Toronto, etc.) and they are usually a notch better than the national chains but still nowhere near what you get in SF.

I currently live in Seattle, and while I like a lot of the food here, it is the land of terrible burritos. When I go back to the bay the first thing I do is get a burrito...

Old 05-18-2010, 12:07 PM

9 posts, read 5,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
Ahhh jeez, the old "New York has the best pizza and bagels" game.

You can get excellent pizza and bagels in Boston.

Montreal is very known for their bagels.

You can get cannolis anywhere with an italian population. Go to Mike's Pastry's in the North End of Boston, I can'T imagine too many places can beat them, in NYC or anywhere.

Black and Whites exist everywhere as far as I know. Well, you can definitely get them in Boston.

Come to think of it, other than bagels, this entire list is just italian-american treats.

You can get excellent pizza in hundreds of U.S. cities in the year 2010. And I will just come right out and say it..many of the best pizzas are nowhere near Chicago or New York.

Let's do away with this myth already. Back in the 1970s and 80s, yes it was not easy to find quality pizza except for very scattered areas. These days some of the best pizza in the world is in places like New Haven, Arizona, California, Wisconisn, Seattle, Boston, Philly, Michigan etc etc..
Go to pizzatherapy.com for more info.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:17 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
I think that the tamales made in Los Angeles restaurants are probably the best in the nation and are routinely superior to other region's Mexican food. Also burritos are practically a city food symbol in LA with world class recognition.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:20 PM

593 posts, read 1,762,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I think that the tamales made in Los Angeles restaurants are probably the best in the nation and are routinely superior to other region's Mexican food. Also burritos are practically a city food symbol in LA with world class recognition.
Check out the comments from this LAist article, where many native Angelinos conceed SF has the better burritos (but LA has the better tacos):

The Big Burrito Battle: LA or SF? - LAist

Although Tamales and Tacos go to LA, no doubt....

Old 05-18-2010, 03:46 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,941,150 times
Green Chile!! I don't expect to find decent, or any, green chile ever again after leaving the southwest.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:04 AM

1,160 posts, read 2,960,053 times
Indian cuisine. Outside of New York City and New Jersey, the Indian cuisine in the rest of the country extremely pales in comparison. There are certainly really tasty Indian restaurants in Chicago, the Bay Area and Houston, but none of those cities have the great variety of Indian cuisine that is found in NY/NJ. Most of the Indian restaurants in the US only serve cuisine from certain regions of India, but NY/NJ is the only area in the country that has any sort of real variety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.