Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we allow as Mosque near ground zero?
No way memory of those that died. 49 42.61%
Yes.Of Course this is America.Long as they are peaceful 58 50.43%
No sure.Need more info. 8 6.96%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 10:12 AM

2,684 posts, read 7,381,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimebanjo View Post
I agree with Daniel. It's not the governments place to tell us what can be aloud, be we the people should never allow. It's just disgusting that people think that this if fine. Muslims killed thousands of Americans and yet we allow them to still have a say in things, after they broadcast on TV them cutting of American's heads? Ship out the muslims and this world would be a better place, nothing racist about it. This is what being "diverse" and "multi cultural" has done to us.
Especially this guy..he definitely needs to be deported.

Too bad he's braver and more of an American than you'll ever be. Coward.
More on the Soldier Kareem R. Khan - The Lede Blog - NYTimes.com

And try deporting my family and I, since we are all Muslim Americans. Especially the veterans among us. Good luck!

Old 05-27-2010, 10:33 AM

1,373 posts, read 3,126,707 times
Yes, because Muslims weren't even responsible for the attacks.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:44 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,715,586 times
no, Muslims were not. A handful of wackos were, who happened to be Muslim. That's like saying Christians were responsible for the OKC bombings. Or Christians are responsible for the murder of abortion doctors. Or Christians are responsible for disparaging dead troops(because of the westboro baptist church).

Old 05-27-2010, 11:39 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,455,500 times
^^ You're right! The Christians need to be deported too! Back to Ireland I go!

After we deport everyone who has any affiliation to a religion which has commited some form of atrocity in the past, I'm pretty sure there will be like 2,000,000 people left in the United States. Sounds like an awesome opportunity for a Mad Max scenario! Let's do it!

Old 05-27-2010, 12:29 PM

6,075 posts, read 9,098,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
That's a beautiful building. I say build it. For all the people who are up in arms about the situation...maybe you'll rest easier knowing that the WTC site will probably be the most heavily monitored area of any city on the planet outside of the White House.
I agree

I was cocerned at first, because I believe that part of the city should be reserved for upscale development

That is not what I had in mind when I read the word MOSQUE

if it was right around the "World Market" area, then I'd say no

but it's not

Build that thing

Old 05-27-2010, 03:39 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,294,560 times
It's an odd place for a mosque. Not because of the WTC but it's a commercial (as opposed to residential) neighborhood. The churches down there (except for Trinity, which is stupendously wealthy) are really struggling. I can't imagine that people are going to commute in from Queens for Friday prayers. It seems more symbolic than anything else.

Nonetheless, there are NO churches in Saudi Arabia. We win a moral victory for freedom by granting something that some Muslims are unwilling to grant to others.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:44 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,455,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk-nyc View Post
It's an odd place for a mosque. Not because of the WTC but it's a commercial (as opposed to residential) neighborhood. The churches down there (except for Trinity, which is stupendously wealthy) are really struggling. I can't imagine that people are going to commute in from Queens for Friday prayers. It seems more symbolic than anything else.

Nonetheless, there are NO churches in Saudi Arabia. We win a moral victory for freedom by granting something that some Muslims are unwilling to grant to others.
Yea, but isn't Saudi Arabia a theocracy?

Edit: Just looked it up. Saudi Arabia isn't technically a theocracy, it's a Saudi monarchy...but its constitution is the Quran, so it basically is a theocratic state.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:15 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,799,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk-nyc View Post

It is meant to offend Americans. There is no logical reason for it to be there, other than to rub sept 11 in our faces. Im just plain shocked at how many people are ok with this.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:27 PM

185 posts, read 399,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Especially this guy..he definitely needs to be deported.

Too bad he's braver and more of an American than you'll ever be. Coward.
More on the Soldier Kareem R. Khan - The Lede Blog - NYTimes.com

And try deporting my family and I, since we are all Muslim Americans. Especially the veterans among us. Good luck!
Braver? Coward? I've served two tours. One thing I've learned is that everyone that is trying to kill me...is muslim. As far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as a muslim-American. According to your logic we should honor the Ft. Hood shooter too? He was muslim and in the service. Killed 12 and wounded 31 in the name of 'allah'. Nidal Malik Hasan. Good guy, eh?

This what America has come too. Let's be tolerant of them...Worked out real good.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:50 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,041,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimebanjo View Post
Braver? Coward? I've served two tours. One thing I've learned is that everyone that is trying to kill me...is muslim. As far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as a muslim-American. According to your logic we should honor the Ft. Hood shooter too? He was muslim and in the service. Killed 12 and wounded 31 in the name of 'allah'. Nidal Malik Hasan. Good guy, eh?

This what America has come too. Let's be tolerant of them...Worked out real good.
Every culture has it's share of nut cases, but why are you attacking one group in particular?

It just makes you seem like a very bitter person. The guy who bombed the building in Oklahoma City was not Muslim. Yet he terrorized the lives of so many families.

Why are you holding a personal vendetta?

I'm not trying to attack you, I just simply don't follow why this is such a "bad thing" to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.