Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2007, 04:40 AM

2 posts, read 7,326 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking of coming to the USA sometime. I have a couple of things that I would like to do but don't know where the best places are, or the best times to go to those places.

1. Where would the best place be to visit for a "Wild West Experience" and see a Rodeo etc and when would be the best time to visit that place?

2. Where would the best place be to visit for a "Winter Experience" i.e. snowmobile, dog sled etc and when would be the best time to visit that place?

I'm looking forward to some great suggestions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 07:35 PM

332 posts, read 448,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanglefoot View Post
I'm thinking of coming to the USA sometime. I have a couple of things that I would like to do but don't know where the best places are, or the best times to go to those places.

1. Where would the best place be to visit for a "Wild West Experience" and see a Rodeo etc and when would be the best time to visit that place?

2. Where would the best place be to visit for a "Winter Experience" i.e. snowmobile, dog sled etc and when would be the best time to visit that place?

I'm looking forward to some great suggestions
The best place to visit for rodeo's is I think probably Dallas,Tx because usually each year we go to rodeos mainly the black rodeo lol. Also Tennesse maybe.

As for the winter experience, I'd say Colorado....never been their but I know people that have and they say it is a great place to go skiing at and stuff.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:14 PM

362 posts, read 1,855,782 times
Definitely WYOMING. Trust me, I used to live there and the old west is very much alive in this state, moreso than any other western state, I think. They have a rodeo in pretty much every town. Cheyenne is home to the biggest rodeo celebration in the US (maybe North America) called Frontier Days:

America's Western Rodeo and Celebration: Cheyenne Frontier Days (http://www.cfdrodeo.com/index.aspx - broken link)

Plus Wyoming is home to soaring mountans chock full of winter activities - downhill skiing, crosscountry skiing, snow shoeing, sledding, snowmobiling, etc.

Old 06-18-2007, 02:35 AM

2 posts, read 7,326 times
Thanks for the advice madmann101 & lovethewest, at least I can now start to look in those areas, concentrating on making a decision from just 3 states is much easier than a possible 50 ! I think I'm sold on Wyoming, it sounds great (sorry madmann101).

Old 06-18-2007, 07:16 PM

653 posts, read 3,407,974 times
For the "Wild West" experience, I too would suggest Cheyenne, Wyoming.
For the "Winter Experience", the Upper Peninsula of Michigan would be hard to top. Winter and all it's excitement at it's finest!!!

Old 06-18-2007, 08:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Agree with Wyoming for the rodeo. I would suggest the Colorado mtns for the "winter experience". Everything the UP of Mich has plus world class skiing.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:36 PM

653 posts, read 3,407,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
Agree with Wyoming for the rodeo. I would suggest the Colorado mtns for the "winter experience". Everything the UP of Mich has plus world class skiing.
At Probably 6 times the cost of the U.P.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:56 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,898,423 times
I agree on Wyoming for the rodeo (been there, done that) and "Da UP, eh!" for the skiing.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:37 PM

2,507 posts, read 8,560,709 times
/\ Did two Great Lakes grow legs? Colo. is nice, but it isn't everything. Mich. has skiing, ice fishing and hockey, snowmobiles, et. cetera. Wholesome winter fun without pretense. Montana and Wyoming should take care of the cowboy in you. I would also try and catch a Powwow somewhere in the Dakotas. (Yes PC police, vaguely bigoted) I'd go Wyo., Mich., and So. Dak. My two cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.