U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 07:45 AM

8 posts, read 16,340 times

Advertisements

Hello I am very intrested in relocating to Georgia and would like some advice. I currently live in Boston and dont want to live here no more. Cost of living is to high and everything here is on a face pace basis. I am looking for a good community to raise my son. Not looking to live in the city but not to far to acess if I get a job offer. What are some of the good and safe citys in Gerogia?? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 07:55 AM

8,862 posts, read 15,314,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyS23 View Post
Hello I am very intrested in relocating to Georgia and would like some advice. I currently live in Boston and dont want to live here no more. Cost of living is to high and everything here is on a face pace basis. I am looking for a good community to raise my son. Not looking to live in the city but not to far to acess if I get a job offer. What are some of the good and safe citys in Gerogia?? Thanks
It is so difficult to know what to recommend without further FYI on your preferences.

A previous thread>>
//www.city-data.com/forum/georg...recommend.html

I also wonder if you are prepared for the cultural differences between a city like Boston and cities in more rural parts of GA.

You might start with Savannah--the oldest city in GA.
//www.city-data.com/forum/savan...-savannah.html

Last edited by TakeAhike; 06-10-2010 at 08:11 AM..

Old 06-10-2010, 11:40 PM

3 posts, read 4,176 times
Cool Lady S23

Hello , I read your post and I don't mean to sound Negative but PLEASE DON"T MOVE TO GEORGIA , have you ever been to North Carolina ? My sister just moved there and she loves it, I am going to vist her in July and I am looking forward to it. I never been to Boston but what are somethings that you like to do , Georgia has alot of outdoors actvities if thats your style. I am not sure what specific areas , I live in Fayetteville, its has really changed and I seriously thinking of moving from here I really don't like the direction that Georgia itself as a state is going . I really hate living in Georgia now alot of people like Peachtree City , Newnan , these are small towns to me but alot of folks love them . They really don't impress me either , but alot of things I read about Boston sounds kinda cold and impersonal so I guess it would be what are you looking for ??? But Georgia , people here are very transit and you never really
find real friends here , I have been living here for 18 years , I have lived in Marrietta , which is not a bad area but I really don't like whats going on with there education system (scary) Lived in Norcross and Lilburn , have for Gangs and bad crime then we moved and purchased a home in Fayetteville , not a bad
place to live alot of prejudice , I guess that could be anywhere you live but very
cliquish. Please RE-THINK GEORGIA .... but Good Luck with what you decide

Old 06-12-2010, 12:47 PM

7 posts, read 34,864 times
I am also relocating to Georgia (Atlanta) January 2011. I visited my father last Christmas and enjoyed it. Like you, I want to learn as much about GA prior to my arrival. I am an educator (Have a degree in Child Development and have taught K-2) and will need to find a job as well as a place to live. I am looking to network with anyone who can give me some guidance. I am from Michigan, and it's not the place for an educator (or anyone for that matter). I'm excited and, anxious combined! Any help would be great.

Old 06-13-2010, 04:55 AM

9,124 posts, read 33,454,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slnt36 View Post
I am also relocating to Georgia (Atlanta) January 2011. I visited my father last Christmas and enjoyed it. Like you, I want to learn as much about GA prior to my arrival. I am an educator (Have a degree in Child Development and have taught K-2) and will need to find a job as well as a place to live. I am looking to network with anyone who can give me some guidance. I am from Michigan, and it's not the place for an educator (or anyone for that matter). I'm excited and, anxious combined! Any help would be great.
Well, Georgia's not really the place for an educator at the moment either. Many school districts are coming up short on revenue, and there have been significant layoffs this year. While you use to be able to get a teaching job as long as you had a pulse, there will be a large number of applicants for any position that does open up, and there won't be many that do.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:12 AM

7 posts, read 34,864 times
I've heard about the problems the schools been having in GA. Ideally, that is where I'd like to to find employment, however, there are other schools that aren't affected as badly (private or charter), but the moneys in the public schools..the one's that are being affected. I'm sure i'll find something, just not exactly what I want. When things taper down, i'll apply. Thanks for your input though.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:18 PM

8 posts, read 16,340 times
Well I am in the Hospitality Industry, I work In the Hotel World. My husband is in the medical admin field. He is a medicall biller and also does accounting. We are looking to rent for now ( perferbly a house) I like a quiet area, but able to have a nice bbq with out neighbors calling the cops. Safe area, low crime rate. Convients location able to get to a grocery or hospital fast. Also an area were there are churchs. My son is baby now, but by the time we move will be a toddler so a place that has good daycares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia