Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 03:17 AM

4,843 posts, read 6,097,568 times

Advertisements

Wow their so many things wrong with this post. Love how you said
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
Ball Ground is a very nice area, it is part of Cherokee County. The hard truth is you will experience some 'discrimination'. But that is understandable...Outlying areas of Atlanta,
Then told around and said
Quote:
like Cherokee/Ball Ground, Forsyth County, Alpharetta, etc., don't have gangs, crime, people driving low-rider cars blaring rap music,
So gangs and crime is clump in the same Colum as low-rider cars and rap music.

Then you said this
Quote:
These types of behavior are pretty much associated with blacks and mexicans. You can cry racism or whatever, but however you want to B.S. it, chances are this type of culture is much more likely to follow with a black family moving into the neighborhood than a white family.

So understandably, people will probably be apprehensive of you. But, JMO, if you aren't like that, your kids aren't like that, you will end up fitting in. The people are very nice and welcoming. Don't put too much into the race factor...They would be the same way towards white people from New Jersey who move there and are loud and obnoxious. Just blend in and you'll be alright...Move there and create waves...Just like ANYONE else you will be outcast.
First flaw you don't judge people by skin color every Black, white or whatever person is a new Individual, and if someone have this world view that minorities are guilty until to prove innocence umm yeah that racist that very racist.

Here's the 2nd flaw do all people or even most people who listen rap music, have lower riders and etc are loud and obnoxious. that it self is a Hasty generalization. Your hold post was a sterotype and then you have the nerve to say "don't think so much into race" what on earth is your post then?

All you had to say is don't be loud and obnoxious, you bringing up race, and what music someone like was unnecessary and irreverent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 05:48 PM

77 posts, read 290,869 times
I'm feeling charitable tonight, so I'll try to get this thread back on topic a bit by simply saying to the OP that I think he is likely to be uncomfortable living in Ball Ground or any of the outlying NE/NW Ga counties unless he and his family are comfortable being part of the very small minority. Whether because of history (most definitely), racism (still out there), or whatever - as he noted, there simply aren't a lot of blacks living in those areas. If the OP would prefer for his family to live in a more racially mixed area, then they should consider living closer to Atlanta. I currently live in Gwinnett County, and my elementary school district is around 25/25/25/25 white/black/asian/hispanic. There are some nice areas in Atlanta that are more racially mixed than others. As one of the other posters noted, Gwinnett does currently have a very big meth/drug problem, but that is somewhat concentrated in the southern portion of the county, and there are plenty of nice areas to live in.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:46 AM

575 posts, read 1,198,084 times
If you check the demographics of North GA counties you'll discover not many blacks live here.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:31 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,957,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers10 View Post
"If a new 'white family' moved into my neighborhood chances are there won't be problems, but if there are and their kid is some 'gangsta wannabe homie' then that family will be just as hated not because of their race but because they are trash. Just the fact is the chance of that being the case is more likely with a black or hispanic family. Cry that it's 'racist' all you want but that's the truth."

Wow, seems like you are ready to hate and label people you don't know that have just moved in. I would certainly hope your entire community does not have this perspective! Sorry I can't empathize but my neighborhood is far too diverse just to ask anyone to blend in. Blend into what exactly? Are you a social scientist? Where have you calculated the probabilities that a black or hispanic family is most likely to cause problems?

You are correct, Clayton County is bad. That is why I left. But that is just one of many of your points I missed. In terms of the "gangsta rap" lyrics I have some for you:

"Accused and tried I was told to hang,
I was nowhere in sight when the church bells rang,
Lived nine lives, but I gunned down ten,
Then ride like the wind."

The artist? Christopher Cross, 1979. He won five Grammys for that album in 1980. He was performing songs about gunning down ten people and fleeing the authorities into Mexico nearly a decade before Gangsta Rappers were performing songs about "F" the Police. Maybe these Gangsta Rappers draw their influences from a good 'ol Country & Western boy like Christopher Cross? Or how about the Pet Shop Boys?

"Sometimes you're better off dead,
There's a gun in your house and it's pointed at your head,
Cuz you think your mad and too unstable,
Kicking in chairs and knocking down tables,
In a restaurant in a west end town,
Call the police there's a mad man around,
Running down, under ground,
To a dive bar in a west end town."

And how about these lyrics and the sexual mistreament of women:

"She saw the look in his eyes
N' she knew better
He wanted her tonight
And it was now or never
He made her feel so sad
Oh, whoa, whoa, Jamie's cryin'"

Courtesy of Van Halen in 1978! Also a decade before gangsta rap! Please feel free to cut and paste these lyrics anytime you or someone else makes the preposterous argument that only rap has "unsavory" lyrics and contributes to the social decay of an entire group of people.
Hahahahahaha! Country and Western? Christopher Cross? That right there disqualifies everything else you wrote! Anyway, you can not compare even those lyrics to the vulgar, graphic, violent idiocy of most rap music. Feel free to copy, paste, and print this backwards to stamp onto your forehead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia