U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 02:27 PM

17 posts, read 111,998 times

Advertisements

Are there any places to swim around Newnan, GA besides pools?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 08:39 PM

8 posts, read 77,302 times
There is a cool place up near PTC (peachtree city), which isn't too far from Newnan that is fun to go to. It is called Line Creek Nature Area. Here is the link to the website: Peachtree City, GA - Official Website - Line Creek Nature Area . There is a pond, which I probably wouldn't swim in (probably full of turtles & such), but the pond drains into a creek that flows over a lot of rocks, and it is a great place for a picnic, dipping your feet in, and wading. It doesn't have too many deep places for swimming, but I know my kids love to go there to splash in the water. Of course, I would recommend wearing some type of water shoes, because you never know what someone may have thrown in the water (glass, etc...) but that is the kind of stuff you get when opt for something other than the pool (but it is worth it to us too).

Also, if you are looking for something fun for the kids to do during the Summer, that is nice and cool, you could take them to Jump 2 It, which is also in Peachtree City. It is an indoor inflatable facility that has a lot of open play time for the kids. You can check out their web page here: Jump 2 It - Home . It is a great place, and the kids have such a good time there.

Hope you have fun.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:43 AM

Thanks, I'm from up north and used to swimming in lakes in ponds. Why don't people do that in GA?

Old 06-26-2007, 08:50 AM

8,862 posts, read 15,305,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattswife View Post
Thanks, I'm from up north and used to swimming in lakes in ponds. Why don't people do that in GA?

Perhaps they do in some areas of the state.

'Up North'--that is a broad area.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:12 AM

massachusetts

Old 07-01-2007, 08:15 PM

137 posts, read 682,833 times
Oh we do. In Peachtree City there is a lake that people swim in (Lake Peachtree). One of the best places for taking kids to swim on the southside of Atl is over at Calloway Gardens. They have a lake and fun water activities all summer long. It is about 45 min from Newnan (I think).

Old 09-02-2007, 11:25 AM

thanks, i had heard people don't really swim in lake pt. thanks everyone!

Old 09-04-2007, 03:29 PM
GP2

81 posts, read 968,405 times
Snakes is a big reason I dont anymore......

Old 09-05-2007, 01:24 PM

387 posts, read 1,466,782 times
Snakes, gators when you go a little further South... well, where I'm from anyway. I do oceans, pools, and real springs - the ones where the water is always 72 degrees. Anything else is gator land. Though I don't know how far north they have traveled.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 6,761 times
Thumbs up replying to your post

yes there is. i have been taking my family to John Tanner Beach in carrolton. If you take hwy 16 all the way out to Mt Zion Rd. it will take you straight to it. Just look for the signs that show you about John Tanner Beach. but just as a hint make sure that when you go through whitesburg that you do the speed limit because the police there dont play about it. Dont go over 2 miles over the limit. Also, john Tanner beach is a sort of lake. But you can swim in it. You have paddle boats there and it cost $5 to get in. And $6 if you want to do the paddle boats. they have grills out there for you to cook out. Picnic tables and shelters there. You can camp out there and walk the trails and they also have minature golf. If you have any questions about this place or cant find it. then send me a e-mail or instant message at [email]sheenalouise@ymail.com[/email] I will let you know more about it. You can bring pets but they are not allowed on the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia