Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 02:55 AM

5 posts, read 11,635 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I am moving to Atlanta to work close to the airport next month. I come from Germany, and green card are on its way, so everyhting are fine with this. My annual salary are around USD 60.000,- so I have fair bit of money to rent and car, but can people help out regarding this. Which areas are nice places to stay??? I have set approx. 800-1000 USD/month to rent, suppose that should get me starting. I think I will lease a car, but it is difficult finding places where I can lease, can almost only find buy a car pages... And does anyone know what the approx. start car insurance are??? Thank you for a confused German! Looking forward coming to Atlanta though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 11:47 PM

26 posts, read 107,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2move View Post
Can't buy alcohol on Sunday's
As of Jan 2012 you can buy alcohol on Sunday in Savannah, unincorporated Chatham County and every municipality but Garden City.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,583 times
Default Moving to Atlanta Area

Hi,

My family & I are moving to the Atlanta (or surrounding) areas in March of 2016, to be closer to some family in the area. We are from Olympia WA.

I am wondering what I need to know before moving.

We have 2 kids. Daughter is 6 & son is 3. any tips or info is greatly appreciated.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:53 PM

3 posts, read 2,663 times
Well, there's Atlanta, which is a pretty big city.
All around Atlanta is suburbs, which is where I live.
Then everywhere else (with a few exceptions) is small town country world.
Not much goes on here. At least not much that I know about.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,540 times
I want to move to Loganville, Duluth, or Athens Georgia but I do not know which one is the best place to stay far as job wise or family wise. could someone please inform me on this.

Thanks
Amanda

Old 08-01-2015, 03:56 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,154,044 times
That's an interesting trio of places, Amanda, wondering why you chose them? Also, if you could be more specific as to what you mean by "family wise", it might help getting a better response. As far as job wise, what career field are you looking for? Without knowing, it's difficult to answer but if some kid put a squirt gun to my head I would rate Duluth first, then Athens, and Loganville last.

Old 08-02-2015, 07:10 AM

1,241 posts, read 1,888,883 times
Understand a minor infraction can be a criminal case.
If you pull out a $1 anyone within vision of that dollar will try to figure out a way to use your resources, and yes they aren't above inappropriately suggesting you pay for their bills/drink/meal, etc. Understand what is present often is not true, do your research when you meet the entrepreneurship business man. Do Not Move Here without a job and/or network. In larger progressive states you can land with your resume and experience, find a great career and not work for penny's. Color matters. Really think if this is where you want to be and if you want to raise children in a polarized society.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:26 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,624,214 times
The original post is 8 years old. I think the OP has figured out what Georgia is like by now.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:16 PM

20 posts, read 19,641 times
Pretty sure they were responding to the post from July 28th...

Old 08-08-2015, 08:37 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,302,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeouttahere18 View Post
Hi,

My family & I are moving to the Atlanta (or surrounding) areas in March of 2016, to be closer to some family in the area. We are from Olympia WA.

I am wondering what I need to know before moving.

We have 2 kids. Daughter is 6 & son is 3. any tips or info is greatly appreciated.
All I can think of is that you can make a right turn on red (unless it says otherwise).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia