Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 10:27 PM

8 posts, read 90,986 times

Advertisements

Thought I would ask people who live in Georgia, who else would know better?

We are looking for a place near a lake that has the view, amenties, schools, resort like living.

Any suggestions? I would appreciate any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 06:05 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,479,539 times
Default Please be more specific

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2 View Post
Thought I would ask people who live in Georgia, who else would know better?

We are looking for a place near a lake that has the view, amenties, schools, resort like living.

Any suggestions? I would appreciate any help.

There are a number of lakes in GA--with amenities, views and schools.

I can name three--Lake Lanier--northeast of Atlanta and Lake Allatoona --NW of Atlanta. Lake Hartwell in NE GA--close to the SC line.

sls

Old 05-08-2007, 06:11 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,302 times
That's a loaded question...do you need to worry about employment? Can you only afford a certain amount? etc. etc.

NE GA is VERY VERY NICE...Exactly what you describe, mountains, lakes, resort like everywhere, etc. Lake Lanier is about the closest you get to all of that before you really leave the Atlanta area and all the amenities behind. You can live on the Forsyth Co. side, or Gainesville, Buford...Personally any area around Lake Lanier, Forsyth Co. would be the nicest, by far better schools, less crime, etc. than Gainesville.

Savannah area is AWESOME...Different climate, ocean, olde history, etc. Much cheaper than the mountains, but schools, crime, etc. much worse.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:49 PM

67 posts, read 292,060 times
Resort like living...check out Hamilton Mill Subdivision. It has 2 pools, a small lake, tennis courts, soccer park, playgrounds, volleyball...beautifully landscaped. There's a social director on-site with lots of activities for all ages. It's close to Lake Lanier. The schools are Mill Creek Cluster and are brand new and top notch. Lots of parental involvement. Mall of Georgia is about 5 miles away. Easy access to I85-less than one mile from the exit.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:17 AM

36 posts, read 236,256 times
Default Ga On Your Mind

Hello there, if you never been in Georgia, you are going to love it. talking about Resort like living.... I live in the Hamilton Mill exit and you feel that you are in vacation every single day. what I like most about this place is that no matter where you go it is nice.my friend recently bought a home for 156K in the same exit but instead of going to dacula you go to buford, not far from exit 120, same school district " mill Creek High and Frank N. Oshborn Middle
to be honest that home was a steel (check out the attachment of the home)
if you want me to help you out finding a home let me know
Make it a Great Day
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions on BEst place to live in Georgia?-brendas-front.jpg  

Old 02-01-2008, 07:33 PM

2 posts, read 19,414 times
I am looking for a nice place to live around the Atlanta, Georgia area. I am not interested in living in the city, just the ouskirts/ I am a single mother of one daughter.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:52 AM

913 posts, read 2,984,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtravelin View Post
I am looking for a nice place to live around the Atlanta, Georgia area. I am not interested in living in the city, just the ouskirts/ I am a single mother of one daughter.
Coweta County is a perfect location. It is located south of Atlanta on I-85. The traffic there is a lot less than if you were to live on the northside of the city.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:11 AM

6 posts, read 41,936 times
Of course Valdosta is the best city. Home of the Division II Football Champion, Valdosta St University Blazers, and AAAAA HS Football Champion Lowndes High Vikings. Come join us in Winnersville. Check out my Website info in my profile to answer all your relocating needs.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:02 PM

96 posts, read 424,581 times
just be careful near lake lanier. it's so low that it bubbles up in the middle whenever someone flushes their toilet.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:13 PM

3 posts, read 14,683 times
Is Jonesboro or Hampton GA safe to live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia