Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 12:24 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,089,036 times

Advertisements

What's the story on this:

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Does this happen when someone calls the police in small towns in Georgia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 07:17 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,460,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
What's the story on this:

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Does this happen when someone calls the police in small towns in Georgia?
I must agree; this looks bad. It's a little difficult for me to make a judgment, since the officers' side of the story has not been told. Albeit, the fact that one officer has been fired and another suspended is a very probable indication of wrong-doing.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:12 PM

449 posts, read 877,272 times
Default Why did it

take from April to now to bring this into focus? This is outrageous behavior from the Richland Police to assert on a Senior Citizen, that is probably on medications of some sort. Three policeman involved with a 57 year-old-woman!!!! CNN reported about 10 minutes ago, that she was not only tassered, but peppered sprayed. Totally Despicable Behavior from the Police...................

What did she do to cause this behavior on the Police side? Did she have a gun pointed at them?

The next time I go through Georgia, remind to stay clear of Richland.........

Old 07-17-2010, 11:48 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,706,146 times
2 officers out of jobs in wake of repeated Tasering of woman *| ajc.com

Quote:
Some of the details contained in police department records conflict with those provided in interviews. And only the end of the encounter between Wells and the officers is captured on video.
But all agree that the struggle between Wells, 57, and Murphy, 52, started because she would not tell him the name of a friend who was at her house in Richland, 35 miles southeast of Columbus, when Murphy arrived around 9:30 p.m. on April 26.

Old 07-18-2010, 05:26 AM

199 posts, read 627,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda Sebastian View Post
take from April to now to bring this into focus? This is outrageous behavior from the Richland Police to assert on a Senior Citizen, that is probably on medications of some sort. Three policeman involved with a 57 year-old-woman!!!! CNN reported about 10 minutes ago, that she was not only tassered, but peppered sprayed. Totally Despicable Behavior from the Police...................

What did she do to cause this behavior on the Police side? Did she have a gun pointed at them?

again, we have not heard the other side of the story. we also do not know what happened before the tape started.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:48 PM

449 posts, read 877,272 times
Default Ryan smith

How conveniently did patrolman, Ryan Smith, resigned from the force! Was that because "resigning," will make him eligible for his pension, rather than waiting to be fired..........?

Old 07-24-2010, 08:29 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,373,576 times
This is what happens when you fail @ hiring.

It happens everywhere. Here at least we fire* them or put them away for 40 years (gwinnett cop that went nuts)

*unless you are in canton ga and look arab

Old 07-24-2010, 08:48 PM

705 posts, read 1,110,100 times
They're all taught that the video is there to help you. Some will never learn that it's of no help if what's on there will hurt you. There's no excuse for not doing the right thing.

Notwithstanding any of the technology, this type of thing is old and has always been happening. Unfortunately it'll happen again. One can only hope it gets dealt with accordingly.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:02 PM

767 posts, read 2,290,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda Sebastian View Post

I drive thru Richland all the time, but i haven't driven thru NY city since 1997.

CNN - NYC officer arrested in alleged sexual attack on suspect - Aug. 14, 1997

Give me a Taser anytime, I don't like broomsticks.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:53 AM

126 posts, read 224,331 times
shows lack of department training...

-a|ex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia