U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 11:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,831 times

Advertisements

Wow. This will definitely not be somewhere I move my family to. As a Denver native, I would never imagine such blatant racism and downright selfish greed. Yes, you may run your business how you like, however lets hope your quest for the Almighty Dollar doesn't bite you in the ass someday.
Anyway, thanks for painting a clear picture of of this beautiful little town - and its ugly underbelly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 09:18 AM

23,120 posts, read 36,493,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmeiners View Post
Wow. This will definitely not be somewhere I move my family to. As a Denver native, I would never imagine such blatant racism and downright selfish greed. Yes, you may run your business how you like, however lets hope your quest for the Almighty Dollar doesn't bite you in the ass someday.
Anyway, thanks for painting a clear picture of of this beautiful little town - and its ugly underbelly.
Seriously, you're taking this thread as the last word on what Brunswick is like? Don't be silly.
It's not Nirvana by any means, but it is a pleasant place to live with some of the loveliest people I've ever had the good fortune to meet.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:20 PM

4 posts, read 8,344 times
LovinDecatur: Hey! I'm new to this site and can't quite figure out how it works...all I've been able to do is read the dialog. I seem to always enjoy your comments and would like to aim some questions about Brunswick at you! Would you mind and how do I do that?

Old 05-19-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nknoah View Post
LovinDecatur: Hey! I'm new to this site and can't quite figure out how it works...all I've been able to do is read the dialog. I seem to always enjoy your comments and would like to aim some questions about Brunswick at you! Would you mind and how do I do that?
Not at all...fire away!

Old 05-20-2010, 05:40 AM

4 posts, read 8,344 times
Thanks! Like alot of others in this forum, I'm considering relocating to the Brunswick area. My situation in Pittsburgh is quite pleasant but this is not where I WANT to be. When I first graduated from college (a long time ago) I almost took a job in Brunswick but didn't and have often wondered if I made a mistake. It comes down to now or never.
I'm a respiratory therapist and perfer to work in a hospital setting. How is the financial health of Southeast Georgia Regional Medical Center and the local economy? I realize no one really knows but any other financial disasters in Brunswick looming? I read Sea Island has some difficulties. What kind of impact will that have, is it even true and what will be the impact on the islands?
I wondered if you could clue me in on how and will it be difficult to find employment as a therapist at southeast? I also have read the crime rate is above the national evel. How does that effect an average resident?

Old 05-21-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nknoah View Post
Thanks! Like alot of others in this forum, I'm considering relocating to the Brunswick area. My situation in Pittsburgh is quite pleasant but this is not where I WANT to be. When I first graduated from college (a long time ago) I almost took a job in Brunswick but didn't and have often wondered if I made a mistake. It comes down to now or never.
I'm a respiratory therapist and perfer to work in a hospital setting. How is the financial health of Southeast Georgia Regional Medical Center and the local economy? I realize no one really knows but any other financial disasters in Brunswick looming? I read Sea Island has some difficulties. What kind of impact will that have, is it even true and what will be the impact on the islands?
I wondered if you could clue me in on how and will it be difficult to find employment as a therapist at southeast? I also have read the crime rate is above the national evel. How does that effect an average resident?

SGHS, as far my experience goes, is a well-regarded hospital.

SouthEast Georgia Health System

The real estate bust has indeed impacted the local economy, particularly the high-end areas such as St Simons and Sea Islands...demand for second homes has dropped off precipitously. Plus, Sea Island's massive expansion/renovation project saddled them with enormous debt, and this was followed by the recession...they are struggling, to say the least.
However, the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center is one of Brunswick's biggest employers, which gives the local economy relative stability.
As far as Brunswick's crime goes, there are indeed some sketchy areas north and southeast of downtown, but IME it doesn't feel like a out of control situation. You simply have to know where to be and not be like any city. It certainly doesn't affect me, otherwise...I spend most of my time on St Simons, and that is certainly a safe area.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:18 AM

2 posts, read 3,163 times
Default Belle Point

I have been visiting Brunswick and the Golden Isles for many years and I love the area. I'm from Detroit and crime stats don't scare me . I have relatives that live on St Simons and Jekyll islands. Being retired I will be moving there soon I hope. Now I can't afford St Simons or Jekyll but when I was down in Jan. I found what looked to be a very nice older area called Belle Point. I noticed alot of homes for sale in the area. I was wondering if that was because of the economic downturn or some other reason like a high transiet rate at FLETC. I also noted that alot of homes there have a combination well septic system,public water septic system, public water public sewer. I know up here in the great white north some area's have mandates that future owners must tap into public water and sewer and that can be quite expensive. Anyone know anything related to that.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:54 PM

92 posts, read 199,703 times
Brunswick would've been a whole lot better if Liberty harbor was built

Old 04-14-2011, 06:55 PM

92 posts, read 199,703 times
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...X9pr6A&cad=rja
This will probably inform you on liberty harbor and this 2 http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...m8_i_g&cad=rja

Old 10-03-2012, 04:57 PM

96 posts, read 387,638 times
Sometimes 'facts' are disturbing, but they ARE facts. If you didn't extract any information from those stats, then just draw your own. Possibly when the tide comes in, it will loosen up the sand for you so you can pull your head out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia