U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 07:52 PM

3 posts, read 6,439 times

Advertisements

Ok, I got it, Albany sucks, but I don't understand the big move to Lee county. It looks like Leesburg is the biggest city in Lee county, not really anything there? So is everyone just moving out to the country and still commuting to Albany? Sounds like Albany is still home, you must have to shop and do everything you need to do in Albany, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 08:08 PM

1,940 posts, read 8,458,339 times
the shopping mall, all the restaurants, etc in albany are @ the corner of hwy 19 and the liberty expressway; its maybe a 5 minute drive from there to leesburg.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:46 PM

3,317 posts, read 4,879,976 times
It's got some of the best schools and public services in that part of Georgia. And the drive to Albany isn't bad at all. Not that much of a headscratcher why some people have chosen to relocate out there imo.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,485 times
my son's job transfering him to Albany, where is the best place outside of Albany to live? He will drive an hour to work if he has to. appreciate any help.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:25 AM

62 posts, read 192,674 times
While I can't speak from actual knowledge, rumor up here in North Ga is the schools are the driving force for that migration.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:24 PM

97 posts, read 206,933 times
Leesburg is not much better than Albany. That whole swath from Albany to Americus is filled with what another poster once referred to as 'zombies'. Catch my drift, eh?

Old 06-27-2011, 10:05 AM

16,719 posts, read 15,832,765 times
Anywhere near Lake Blackshear will be nice.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:54 PM

10,271 posts, read 10,074,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Valdosta View Post
Leesburg is not much better than Albany. That whole swath from Albany to Americus is filled with what another poster once referred to as 'zombies'. Catch my drift, eh?
I would stoop to the level of your comment, but won't. The area from Albany to Americus is filled with many wonderful people, some beautiful and bucolic scenery and numerous things to do. Neither my family nor my friends are "zombies". Really. Like my grandma used to implore, "If you cannot say something nice, say nothing at all."

Old 06-28-2011, 05:42 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,521,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
I would stoop to the level of your comment, but won't. The area from Albany to Americus is filled with many wonderful people, some beautiful and bucolic scenery and numerous things to do. Neither my family nor my friends are "zombies". Really. Like my grandma used to implore, "If you cannot say something nice, say nothing at all."
"In Valdosta" is, of course, from Valdosta, so it's not wander they would say that.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:33 AM

97 posts, read 206,933 times
Default furthermore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Sorry to offend you. Does everyone in here get offended so easily, especially the 'higher ranked' posters? I do like the scenery of just about all of South GA, so I agree. As far as zombies go, I can see where they developed that term here in Valdosta. Some parts of Valdosta are overrun with them, lol. What they are referring to is when you drive or walk down some streets, first it appears peaceful, then all of a sudden out of nowhere, people 'pop' up out of nowhere sometimes filling the sides of streets/roads along with convenience store parking lots. From myself being a resident in other regions of the country I have seen this new and popular craze over convenience stores, but I have to say that I have not yet seen so many people that do not have a car infiltrating the parking lots like I do down here. While, I do like Valdosta there are certain parts that they can just throw in the swamp to the gators at Okie- namely the east and south sides, and pockets of the north side. I actually moved to the north side and had thought and been told that it was a good part of town. It is for the most part but it is strange, directly across the main strett that I live off of, it is quite the opposite. As far as the post topic goes, well I was not too impressed with Albany,at least the city proper. I did enjoy the gator exhibit at Chehaw- very unique and somewhat scary. I really liked beautiful Radium Springs. Lastly, the part of town near the Ray Charles statue and the aquarium looks nice. Unfortunately, the rest of the city rather 'blew'. Funny hw it goes to such extremes. Don't worry I do not believe Albany is near as nasty as Cordele or Omega. In reference to your grand ma, that would be a nice utopian dream but you cant expect everyone to be all alike and be keen on everything. Have a good day, no more testing me people! lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or