Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 03:49 PM

719 posts, read 1,332,861 times

Advertisements

Don't move here. I go to school here at Univ of West GA, and it's a typical college town. Nothing goes on here, and it's country. I mean, it is growing somewhat, but not into a thriving city. It still has a while before it even becomes a true suburb of Atlanta. My family is mixed too, and Carrollton is your typical Balck and White town. Not much in between...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 07:58 AM

5 posts, read 20,223 times
Default Carrollton is great

I had some hesistation about moving here last year,but I finally decided to move. I have been here close to a year and I can honestly tell you I LOVE IT!!!
I am a black--and have found unlike other small towns, Carrollton is very accepting of diversity. I lived in warner robins ga most of my life --and there are to this day place that you can not even go into. it is a little larger than carrollton. I just expected carrollton to be worse--but this town has really surprised me. I have eaten in just about every restaurant gone to all the stores here--and can honestly say I have never been met with anything less than a smile and hello. This is a very progressive town--they are growing. Not a lot of entertainment, but if that is really important to you ATL is only about 50 minutes away. Douglasville has the closet mall about 30 minutes.

The only big thing is the commute to the expressway (I-20) it does take about 20 minutes to get there from carrollton. I have though found short cuts to get to douglasville, atlanta, jonesboro. I just hate the expressway, everytime I decide to take it there is an accident and traffic is backed up. So I just took out a map and found my way on the highways.may be 5 minutes longer drive--but never had any problems with the traffic jams that the expressway has.

If you have teenagers they probably will hate it not a lot of "activity". but as a parent you will love it..great family town--lots of diversity--great schools.
My daughter is 12 and she will not let me move. She loves it here--made friends right away (most of the white). She has a sleep over every weekend.

Great growing small town.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:02 PM

2 posts, read 3,634 times
So, PMichaelMD, how did the interview go? Did you learn much about Carrollton? God bless you.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:13 PM

77 posts, read 229,071 times
The only people that are discriminating you here are yourselves. Go live wherever you want (within reason) and be happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia