Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 09:29 AM

314 posts, read 636,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhtrico1850 View Post
Palin backed Alaskan windfall-profits tax « Hot Air

She was actually a pragmatist in office, despite her ideological messaging.

She wasn't a pragmatist, she was a hypocrite. Same reason she was FOR the bridge to nowhere until it was unpopular, and then she came out saying she's ALWAYS been against it.

It's sad that people like Sarah Palin are considered pragmatists these days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 09:31 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,405,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I tried to be open minded last night, just in case she actually gets the nomination. Plus, the focus was supposed to be on Alaska, and I was looking forward to learning more about the state. I last less than 30 minutes. She turned me off within 10 by that whole thing about her neighbor.

So again, a big fat NO vote here.
I cannot imagine how she would handle international policy negotiations.
Her colloquialism are endearing but regional. How would leaders of other nations respond--particularly leaders of nations that oppose US policy?
How others in Atlanta might vote I cannot say but I know there are more qualified candidates.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:47 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,527,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan83 View Post
so besides of running for President almost the entire time he was in the US Senate, what had Obama actually done?
Set the bar
Provided global inspiration showing anything is possible
Got minorities more nvoled & interested in politics
Put a gay judge on supreme court
Tolerated MASSIVE amounts of disrespect no other President of the United States ever had. Including Lincoln & Kennedy.
Survived almost two years in office. No shots taken yet. No Reagan attempts yet.

I say hes doing well.

Last edited by FlyiMetro; 11-15-2010 at 09:50 AM.. Reason: mc hammer

Old 11-15-2010, 10:40 AM

314 posts, read 636,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyRainyDay View Post
I'm amazed by a lot of the above, but let's just go with "Passed more tax increases on middle America than any other President."

I'm pretty sure Obama has actually reduced taxes on the middle class. So, let's have some kind of justification for this dramatic claim, please.

Yeah, this guy is a *perfect* example of how the American electorate doesn't vote based on facts.

Tax bills in 2009 at lowest level since 1950 - USATODAY.com

Old 11-15-2010, 12:25 PM

31,994 posts, read 36,533,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Tolerated MASSIVE amounts of disrespect no other President of the United States ever had. Including Lincoln & Kennedy.
Obama fans may see it that way but historically that's a hard case to make. There's been plenty of hellacious disrespecting of Presidents in this country. George Bush, for instance, was frequently portrayed as a rat or a chimpanzee. (Plus he had a shoe thrown at him). We don't even want to get started with Clinton. Reagan was regularly treated as a dimwit and an out of touch old geezer. It was popular to hang Nixon and LBJ in effigy. When Kennedy was shot I remember people driving around tooting their horns and yelling "Yee-haw!" Truman? Wow. FDR? Unbelievable. When Lincoln was nominated, the Atlanta papers proclaimed he was born from "foul and putrid stock...low, vulgar and unprincipled." Even the New York papers called him an "ignorant, boorish, third-rate backwoods lawyer."

Obama certainly gets his share but it's hard to call it disproportionate.

Last edited by arjay57; 11-15-2010 at 12:43 PM..

Old 11-15-2010, 12:41 PM

1,704 posts, read 3,402,435 times
It would be the biggest gift to the Democrats ever.

I have a hard time fathoming that the Republicans can't produce a better candidate. Then again, Nancy Grace has a national fan base. Nothing really surprises me any more when it comes to the American public.

If we were heading into WWIII ...would you really want Sarah Palin at the helm?

Old 11-15-2010, 04:21 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,329,354 times
Nope not this georgia person

Old 11-15-2010, 10:39 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,925,478 times
I really hope Georgia has enough sense NOT to vote for this woman, republican or not!

Who knows, maybe hell will freeze over and Georgia will go blue for the first time in ages....

FWIW, Obama has done great with what he's had to deal with in office.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:44 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,295,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
I really hope Georgia has enough sense NOT to vote for this woman, republican or not!

Who knows, maybe hell will freeze over and Georgia will go blue for the first time in ages....

FWIW, Obama has done great with what he's had to deal with in office.
This.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:32 PM

48 posts, read 145,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Set the bar
Provided global inspiration showing anything is possible
Got minorities more nvoled & interested in politics
Put a gay judge on supreme court
Survived almost two years in office. No shots taken yet. No Reagan attempts yet.

I say hes doing well.
My question was what did he do in the US Senate, not as President since someone suggested that Palin has not done enough to run for President.

And there are no gay judges on the US Supreme Court...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia