Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 05:18 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,783,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-town706 View Post
South ga ain't so hot either its country as heck and swampy. In fact savannah is the only thing good about south ga and its full of crime. Augusta most be doing something right or else it wouldn't be ga's 2nd largest city. Oh look at me Im savannah walkable downtown with fat ppl yay.
Columbus is growing and has a couple of F500 companies located there.
Warner Robins is growing with relatively low crime.
Have you been to Ofeekenokee Swamp?Most people that know what they are talking about would say a swamp is beautiful.Besides I know of no town built on swam land.Thats like saying most of Nevada is dessert so don't move there.
Savannah has had high crime but is much lower.It has the largest and most complete grid system of its type in all of North America.And Ft,Stewart nearby with its huge contingent of military soldiers are hardly what I call fat.And so what if they are fat."Let live".
Apparently it is still one of the most visited places in America and has the nations fastest growing port.So how is that so bad?

As far as doing something right well yes they are but it makes it easier when you have a ton of government money flowing your way too.They have an excellent mayor who is trying all he can to make the city more professional.
Augusta's downtown progress is just hampered by the fact that their is not really much to draw people to live there.ASU or any of the other school with significant student populations don't exist their like say SCAD does in Savannah.If Augusta got light rail,omg it would enhance that city so much.It would of course be a novelty but it does not matter.That would change as people recognize that it stands out in the region.In the crowded field in which Augusta competes with,thats quite a big advantage.

Savannah has everything it needs especially with the growth of the port.Savannah I believe will out shine even Augusta IF they decide to deepen the port again which looks like they will in the next decade.
Outside of Savannah,Macon has the next best downtown area.Macon unfortunately is lagging behind the others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 06:11 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,088,895 times
Some of the government money Augusta got is because of the progressive nature of the city. A week after the completion of the Richmond County master plan. The city received a $1.8 million grant. The grant is going towards the 15th street, MLK Boulevard, and Deans Bridge rd/Regency Mall corridor. Paine College and Georgia Health Sciences University aren't located in the central business district but they're both in the inner city.

Augusta is in the stages of decided whether to build a 3.1 mile modern street car system downtown. Both of feasibility studies have now been completed. The cost would be between $22 to $31 million. The most favorable route is a single track running down Broad and Reynolds streets that would cover James Brown Arena down Seventh Street and link downtown to the medical campus down 13th Street.

If Cal Ripken Jr and Jim Jacoby can get their way in 2011. I foresee Augusta jumping many comparable cities rather quickly.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:24 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,098,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-town706 View Post
12 nope I'm actually 55 wanna fight
I'd like you to act,...and type according to your age. Let's start there!

Old 12-26-2010, 04:25 PM

115 posts, read 243,711 times
Columbus is mainly in west ga

Old 12-27-2010, 10:23 PM

11 posts, read 28,813 times
I don't agree with this site's ratings

Old 12-30-2010, 07:08 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,394,013 times
Please don't feed the TROLLS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia